Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

It was suggested by someone on some thread a few weeks ago that once you get your app approved that you add it to your signature block so others can see what developers are doing and possibly have them as a resouces if someone else has a question on how someone did something (along with the app world link).  Makes for good marketing too.

Again, congrats.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Free PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Congratulations streak81. Looks like a fun game.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

Hmm, I only restricted my app from being bought in South Korea. Forgot that Australia also has those game review boards. I guess I'll just change that whenever I resubmit.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

can i just say that this thread is my arch nemesis / reminder that i have mere weeks to submit my application.  *mumbles* and that i'm jealous of those who have submitted already.

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Developer
My Carrier: other

[ Edited ]

Just submitted my first BlackBerry App. Man Very Happy

I originally anticipated to finish the app by Jan 7th, but I gave it more time, as long as it took to make the best I can.

Now I will be working on a second one, like others, to increase chances of successful approval to App World. Man Happy

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Congratulations to everyone who has had their app approved! I'm dying to get some kind of response from them soon. I was just wondering if it's normal that the status hasn't changed at all since I've submitted my app on December 16. The status is at 'waiting on test house'. Hope this is normal. Anyway, good luck to everyone!

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Developer
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

Yeah, the only reason I'm able to keep my patience is because I know there's others that submitted weeks before me and they haven't recieved a response either. So RIM isn't singling me out Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

I'm scared that RIM wont approve my app and the work will be for nothing Smiley Sad

This anticipation is killing me!!

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok
Developer
My Carrier: other

[ Edited ]
Someone here is capable of reading others thoughts! Smiley Happy
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@gyubok, if it's rejected, look on the bright side.  You've learned a whole lot, and if you managed to submit something functional, then no matter what you are now a PlayBook developer.

You can take the feedback (which I would hope RIM gives you), or share your rejected app with others to get their feedback, and rebuild it better.  Resubmit even if it's after the deadline, sell it for a buck a shot and soon you'll be buying a PlayBook with your earnings.

It's not like anyone who gets an app accepted is actually making good money for their time, when measured in dollars an hour.  (Except maybe those lucky/smart SOBs who are just porting existing apps!)

(I admit the brag factor would be pretty nice though.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!