Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Playbook

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

My app was approved on Saturday 5th Feb, but I haven't yet recieved my

"Congratulations!
We’re pleased to inform you that your app submission qualifies for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer. To receive your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, there is one additional requirement."

email.

so I have two questions:

1. Has anybody outside of North America had the "Congratulations" email?
  2. Has anybody had thier app approved, but recieved a "Sorry, your app is Not eligable" email?

waiting nervously

andy.

Playbook apps:
UkMortgageCalc: Submitted Jan 7th : Approved Feb 5th
FillErUp: Submitted Jan 21th : Approved Feb 14th
UkIncomeTaxCalc: Submitted Jan 21st : Approved Feb 16th
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

[ Edited ]

mrspace - I'm in the same boat as you (and presumably cybrown). 2 apps approved on the 5th but no playbook email yet. One free, one paid.  It seems like a lot of people got approved on the 5th so we might have to wait a bit.  Also, I'll note I'm in the US.

Anthony
http://www.anthonyquarella.com
Accepted Apps: UpToDateTV
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Check back a few pages to confirm this but I think a couple developers from Germany didn't get their "You've qualified Email" until about a week or so after approval (it was definitely longer than what North Americans have had to wait)

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: Z10 and Z30
My Carrier: Play and Plus

[ Edited ]

I'm from Poland and I was waiting only 11 hours. My girlfriend was waiting 3 days for Playbook offer email. So it depend, sometimes they send it fast, sometimes slower.

Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

ddluk wrote:

I'm from Poland and I was waiting only 11 hours. My girlfriend was waiting 3 days for Playbook offer email. So it depend, sometimes they send it fast, sometimes slower.

Well, your example is my only hope. I'm waiting already three days (approved Feb 5th),  but it is very nervous situation.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
New Developer

thanks for the replies. I feel a little bit better now, although I will be nervous until I get the "Congrats" email.

andy.

Playbook apps:
UkMortgageCalc: Submitted Jan 7th : Approved Feb 5th
FillErUp: Submitted Jan 21th : Approved Feb 14th
UkIncomeTaxCalc: Submitted Jan 21st : Approved Feb 16th
Contributor
My Carrier: Sprint

Yay!  Just got the PlayBook offer email!  The link in the email points to www.officiallogoshop.com where you fill out your shipping info.

I'm so rediculously excited!

App: Newsr

Category: Internet

Submitted: Jan 12

Accepted: Jan 18

Approved: Feb 05

Tablet offer: Feb 08

Woohoo!

Congratulations!

We’re pleased to inform you that your app submission qualifies for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer. To receive your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, there is one additional requirement. Please complete the shipping information requested here.  We appreciate your patience, as tablets will ship as soon as they are ready and commercially available in your region.

In order to be made available for download in BlackBerry App World, all apps must go through a “signing” process. We’ll let you know when the code-signing system is available and explain how to resubmit your app to BlackBerry App World.

You’ll receive notification when your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is about to ship. Thanks for the time and effort you’ve invested in creating an app and participating in this offer. Good luck in your app development pursuits!

Warm regards,

The BlackBerry Developer Program Team

P.S. You are welcome to submit multiple entries for consideration, but only one BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will be awarded per registered vendor in BlackBerry App World.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

I just got mine too!

Submitted: Jan 5 & 16

Approved: Feb 5 & Feb 5

Tablet Email: Feb 8

Confirmed.  This makes me happy.

Anthony
http://www.anthonyquarella.com
Accepted Apps: UpToDateTV
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Me too!! Smiley Very Happy !!!

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

YESSSSSSSS! I just received the "Congratulations!" email also. Filled in the shipping details and got the receipt!!!!!! Robot Very HappyRobot Very Happy

App Submitted: Jan 11th 2011.

Approved: Feb 05 2011

PB Offer Email: Feb 09 2011

Can't wait to develop native apps on the device! (once the SDK is out) Robot tongue