02-21-2011 05:42 PM
02-21-2011 05:52 PM
Sweet just got my app approved
Submitted: Feb 9th
Aproved: Feb 21st
It's a simple free arithmitic game. It's my first app ever and my first time using AS3 so I'm pretty pleased it got approved. I got the e-mail saying I was on the path to getting a free playbook before it was approved, I guess now I'm just waiting for the e-mail asking for my details so they can ship it out.
Congrats to all those who have been approved, looks like blackberry are picking up the pace.
02-21-2011 07:44 PM
Ok, I'm pretty discouraged at this point. I submitted my application on Dec 28th and still no word on approval. The app is fairly simple, all it does is pull pictures from a Flickr photostream and display them as an animated slideshow (like a photo frame).
I'm concerned that my app was shelved because it accesses 3rd party APIs (Flickr) and that it will not be approved in time to get the free Playbook. If someone from RIM sees this and can maybe look into it please private message me.
Meanwhile I'm going to get cranking on another app that I can hopefully submit before the deadline.
02-21-2011 09:46 PM
02-21-2011 10:40 PM
Mine is "PhotoConnects Free Edition for PlayBook"
Submitted : 16 Feb
Waiting for reviewed email received : 18 Feb
Approved email received : 22 Feb
Now already Post for Sale..
Still waiting for Free PlayBook Shipping email.
Chulayuth A. (Nok)
02-21-2011 10:42 PM
@jaggedaz no need to worry, i just got approved friday and i submitted the 23rd of december. I also used multiple 3rd party api's in my app so they are just slow to getting around to things.
02-22-2011 01:45 PM
I had submitted v1.0 of my applciation and it made it through to the testing house, only get a message back saying that they could not launch the application. The BAR file I had submitted ran just fine on the simulator and it isn't doing anything on launch that should cause it to fail. I suspect that it may have been how I submitted the original file... I used the zip file option.
I submitted a new version, after double checking my code for any issues that may cause a launch problem and this time bypassed the zip file upload and uploaded the BAR file directly. I hope this gets past the issue since we're getting so close to the deadline.
Anyone else have this type of issue? and if so, how did you remedy the situation?
02-22-2011 01:47 PM
I didn't have that problem, but then I also rigorously followed the previous messages which pointed out that you have to upload a .bar and use the lower "File Bundle" (or whatever it was) option, not anything to do with .zip files.
Your solution appears to be exactly what you should have done if their problem was really the result of the way you uploaded it.
02-22-2011 01:49 PM
Thank you Peter... I'll be patient and see what comes out from the next round of testing.