Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

Second app approved! RIM is moving much faster. It looks like they are cleaning up the backlog.

Congrats to everyone!
Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Sweet just got my app approved Smiley Very Happy

Submitted: Feb 9th

Aproved: Feb 21st

It's a simple free arithmitic game. It's my first app ever and my first time using AS3 so I'm pretty pleased it got approved. I got the e-mail saying I was on the path to getting a free playbook before it was approved, I guess now I'm just waiting for the e-mail asking for my details so they can ship it out.

Congrats to all those who have been approved, looks like blackberry are picking up the pace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out MyBestShot for the playbook in Blackberry Appworld.
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Ok, I'm pretty discouraged at this point.  I submitted my application on Dec 28th and still no word on approval.  The app is fairly simple, all it does is pull pictures from a Flickr photostream and display them as an animated slideshow (like a photo frame).

I'm concerned that my app was shelved because it accesses 3rd party APIs (Flickr) and that it will not be approved in time to get the free Playbook.  If someone from RIM sees this and can maybe look into it please private message me.

Meanwhile I'm going to get cranking on another app that I can hopefully submit before the deadline.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Submitted: 11 Feb
Waiting for Testing House: 14 Feb
Approved: 21 Feb

Just waiting on my Playbook email now! I'm pretty impressed with the turn around time, especially since there are still so many apps from earlier that still haven't been approved.

I still have 2 more apps I want to make, but one needs the native SDK, which I heard might be released around the week of the 28th-4th.
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/8218?lang=en
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Mine is "PhotoConnects Free Edition for PlayBook"

Submitted : 16 Feb

Waiting for reviewed email received : 18 Feb

Approved email received : 22 Feb

Now already Post for Sale..

Still waiting for Free PlayBook Shipping email.

Best Regards,

Chulayuth A. (Nok)

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

@jaggedaz no need to worry, i just got approved friday and i submitted the 23rd of december. I also used multiple 3rd party api's in my app so they are just slow to getting around to things.

Like all of my posts
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

I had submitted v1.0 of my applciation and it made it through to the testing house, only get a message back saying that they could not launch the application. The BAR file I had submitted ran just fine on the simulator and it isn't doing anything on launch that should cause it to fail.  I suspect that it may have been how I submitted the original file... I used the zip file option.

I submitted a new version, after double checking my code for any issues that may cause a launch problem and this time bypassed the zip file upload and uploaded the BAR file directly.  I hope this gets past the issue since we're getting so close to the deadline.

Anyone else have this type of issue? and if so, how did you remedy the situation?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator of the Idea Catch PlayBook application

My favorite Apple product is apple sauce.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I didn't have that problem, but then I also rigorously followed the previous messages which pointed out that you have to upload a .bar and use the lower "File Bundle" (or whatever it was) option, not anything to do with .zip files.  

Your solution appears to be exactly what you should have done if their problem was really the result of the way you uploaded it.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Was the BAR file prior to 0.9.3?  If it was, that could explain the crash.  0.9.2 SDK with a 0.9.3 test environment.

Developer
My Device: Z10

Thank you Peter...  I'll be patient and see what comes out from the next round of testing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator of the Idea Catch PlayBook application

My favorite Apple product is apple sauce.