Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

John,

Fortunately, that wasn't the case.  My original submission was with the 0.9.3 SDK.  Thanks.

(wow, you guys are fast with the replies.  I shoudl have jumped on here earlier)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator of the Idea Catch PlayBook application

My favorite Apple product is apple sauce.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

daviesjm wrote:

John,

Fortunately, that wasn't the case.  My original submission was with the 0.9.3 SDK.  Thanks.

(wow, you guys are fast with the replies.  I shoudl have jumped on here earlier)

you have no idea Smiley Wink

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)
My Carrier: Regional

[ Edited ]

It's also been stated that signed apps will complete the process faster now than unsigned apps - may want to sign it and upload a signed one now if you haven't already.

Edit: They're like robots!

Developer
My Device: Z10

Oh carp...  I already submitted the next version. I'll make sure the next version (which hopefully is just for signing the approved app) is signed.  Don't want to submit yet another at this point with this one already in queue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator of the Idea Catch PlayBook application

My favorite Apple product is apple sauce.
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Edit: They're like robots!

We're here to serve.

Developer
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)
My Carrier: Regional

[ Edited ]

Actually, I'll have to find it, but resubmitting a signed bar doesn't make you lose place in queue and is recommended to do.

Edit: Here's the link.

MSohm wrote:

To answer a few questions from recent posts to this thread:

1.  An official announcement will be going out to App World vendors who have submitted a PlayBook application to resubmit a signed version of their application.

2.  Resubmitting a signed version of your application will not cause you to lose your place in the queue.

3.  We recommend resubmitting a signed version of your application as soon as you can.  This will speed up your approval because the application will only need to go through the approval process once.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

@daviesjm, I wouldn't worry about it.  The statement to which John refers was "3.  We recommend resubmitting a signed version of your application as soon as you can.  This will speed up your approval because the application will only need to go through the approval process once."

That can be interpreted to mean that the overall approval time will be shorter by submitting a signed one, but I don't think that it necessarily means a signed app will get approved faster than an unsigned one.  I think your unsigned version will get approved just as fast as they can manage it, and that will trigger the final review for eligibility for the free tablet.  You'll submit a signed app some time after that, and have to wait for re-approval, but I don't see that this would impact or delay your eligibility at all.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

(That said, as John also just pointed out, Mark also said submitting the signed app won't affect your "place in the queue", so there's really no downside to submitting once again, this time with a signed version.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

and its also good practice to sign your apps beforehand. people (including myself) have run into issues during the signing process. i've signed a few test apps just so i knew how to do the process. the funny part was i had it down to a science and when it came to signing my actual app i messed up still haha! in the two part signing part, i got all dyslexic and mixed up parts of both commands and interchanged the RDK with author. but it wasnt a big deal i just had to change the version number but goes to show even with practice "stuff" happens!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

If it helps anyone, it is best to just have a script file (for each application) to execute the command lines (deploy/bar creation, sign1, sign2) so you dont mess up and it is easy to repeat later on.