Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

@jrab, I read it wrong too and thought the exact same thing. It is funny how minds work sometimes!
Developer

It looks like it was edited and used to say approval feb 17th.
Developer
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)
My Carrier: Regional

No, JRab and you are both crazy. I made ZERO typos! Smiley Happy

Developer

Also 32 days is a long time for approval. I think the playbook will be out before mine is approved. I keep holding back on updates just to make sure I don't mess anything up.
Developer
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)
My Carrier: Regional

@thesmileman, they will make you rebuild to 0.9.4 before you can post for sale. So I'd suggest having a 0.9.4 update ready to go when you get the approval E-mail.

It would seem they're clearing out the backlog, at least that'd be the hope at this point, with all these apps that are a month in waiting hell.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

I think I'm slowly reaching some sort of state of apathy on this. I'm over 3 weeks in now and many others have been waiting even longer so I suppose the decision on approval or rejection will come at a point in time where there's no time left to try and improve and resubmit and therefore miss out on the offer. Combined with a completele lack of communication of any kind I think this is starting to look like an extremely poor way of treating developers trying to get onboard a brand new platform which isn't easy to begin with.

I sincerely hope RIM is going to improve on this really soon because this really is crappy if you ask me.

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

They appear to be working through the backlog, possibly even in "queued" order at this point.

I got approved about two hours before JohnPinkerton, and I had submitted only a day before him.  We're also aware (in the IRC chat #playbook-dev, where all the cool kids hang out) of several others which were older and had been approved over the weekend.

In my case:

Original submission: Feb 16

Signed version: Feb 18

to Test House: Feb 21

Approval email: Mar 21

Now just need to wait to see whether it's considered eligible...

Oh, and I did get the request to resubmit after rebuilding with SDK 0.9.4, as it seems everyone does who has not already.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

So based on the last 5 approvals on this thread we are looking at about 25.4 days from original submittal until approval. With 18 and 33 being the shortest and longest respectfully. I realize since they seem to working in batches this doesn't indicate exact times but it is there
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@thesmileman, I wouldn't read even that much into this.

Statistics like averages are only helpful if conditions are stable.  As it is, I think there's strong evidence that they have not yet reached anything remotely resembling a "steady state", and no statistics are going to tell you anything.

Rather, there's a general sense of them getting through the backlog, and possibly within the few days we'll see that they're heading back to where they were temporarily, over a month ago, when they "consistently" achieved roughly their 10-12 day target (or whatever it was) for a period of more than a day or two.

It's definitely the case that anyone who's waited much less than 30 days at this point should not be concerned just yet, while those who have waited much longer than 30 days should be thinking about using the aforementioned web form to request feedback.  Even that's just a gut feeling... the whole process is still clearly a black box to all of us.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

@peter9477, I completely agree that these statistics mean all but nothing (especially with a sample set of 5 people). In the absence of information I am grasping at straws to humor myself. I wish we got somesort of information maybe a number in te queue or a percentage of where we are at in it. The reason for this is so we an see some progress which let's people know to calm down and just wait. It is like sitting in traffic. When it doesn't move at all you never know when you are going to get out but if you at least making some progress it still stinks but you at least know you will get there at some reasonable hour.