Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

I see that you have all received app approval mails, but does anybody from you received any mail, with information that you qualify for free device? Just wondering, b/c at the beginning of this thread there are such mails mentioned?

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Developer
My Device: Z10 and Z30
My Carrier: Play and Plus

No. Probably that email will be send few days after accepting applications. We will see.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

As I recall, if you got accepted, you got a free PB.  They would send an email confirming shipping once they are ready to ship.  So I wu=ould think that your gold ticket is that you got accepted and your posted on AppWorld.

Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

@jtgen: It is possible that your app will be approved to AppWorld but you will not qualify for PB (my worst nightmare, right after AppWorld rejection). It is my Cassandric guessing here, but I will not belive in anything before I hide my new PB under my pillow.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

jtegen wrote:

As I recall, if you got accepted, you got a free PB.  They would send an email confirming shipping once they are ready to ship.  So I would think that your gold ticket is that you got accepted and you're posted on AppWorld.

Is Gene Wilder or Johnny Depp delivering my PlayBook?  Smiley Tongue

--------------
Accepted PlayBook Applications: Marmi-doos, BASIC, Run and Hide, SuperClip
Accepted OS4-7 SmartPhone App: KeepLightOn
Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Alas, approval does not necessarily mean that you get a free PlayBook. Allow me to quote from the T&C:

4. Application Criteria

4.1 Applications must provide a functionality that is considered useful to the end user, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion. Applications must comply with the Guidelines and these Terms and Conditions. However, the following categories of applications are specifically excluded from eligibility for the Offer: 

(a) Web launchers or shortcuts; 

(b) Web browsers; and

(c) Applications that provide a simple, single function, such as playing noise or displaying a graphic. 

4.2 For the purposes of this Offer, if the Sponsor feels that the number of Applications in any given category appears to be excessive, the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to refuse to consider any further Applications submitted in that category.

In short, if your app is a web launcher, shortcut or browser you're out. If they think your app is too simple and provides a mere single function, you're out. If you release a good app, but there are already to many apps like it, you lose as well.

Still, these terms shouln't be a problem for most us. I find them rather loose, I expected them to be more strict when I was informing about this offer.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

@thedarkin1978: freaking out would have been an understatement haha!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Carrier: Telus

Hey guys, is the review process: draft --> under review --> in test house --> approved?

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok
Developer
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: vzw

That would be horrible to get accepted into app world, get your hopes up and then get told your not getting a PB.  It would be very upsetting.

Developer
My Carrier: Telus

(c) Applications that provide a simple, single function, such as playing noise or displaying a graphic.

displaying simple graphic,,, as in displaying color on the screen without user interaction? To what extent is displaying simple graphic?

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok