Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

[ Edited ]

**Sorry, double post **

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

MissRancher wrote:

... Once I fixed that, they re-approved it. And that's the last I've heard of it!! No news on a playbook for me or anything. I'm wondering if they just won't tell me it's coming, or are they going to wait until the app is actually signed before they will send me a playbook?

I asked in email about that, and they said although they can't officially commit to shipping any devices prior to commercial launch, they do want to get them into developers hands for testing and will do their best to ship ASAP.

Balancing that, I suspect they know it could open a can of worms if they deliver too many units before things are very stable. 

If I were in their shoes, I'd being juggling things based on each specific situation.  If a developer submitted an app that looked awesome (i.e. would really show off the PlayBook features) but which needs real device testing to be polished, I might try to get them one earlier.  If an app just draws nice circles (and maybe squares too) I'd put the author's name down the bottom of the ship list and maybe they wouldn't get one before launch...  (Seriously, if that's all the app did I think it would be rejected as not being likely to get enough downloads.)

And then there's the question of whether even the hardware is really ready at this point, even if just to be used by developers for testing.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer

Yeah, that sounds right - and I don't mind waiting. I would rather get something less buggy a little later on. I usually don't buy anything while it's still bleeding edge - I wait for the second release to get the kinks out. So I wasn't planning on getting a tablet right away anyway. If I do get one for this approved app, it will just be a bonus and help me test out more apps.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

It's great to hear that someone's app got accepted!

It doesn't really sound like they're anywhere near ready enough to send out Playbooks at this point based on all the info we've been getting, but it really looks like they're working day and night on the thing and really trying to get developers on board so I wouldn't be surprised if they did end up sending some out before launch.

New Contributor

Is the .bar file the only file we submit?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

@mlin13: yes when asked submit a .COD file only submit your .BAR file. However when you first create your applicatoin in the vendor portal its going to ask you a series of questions like product name description and such along with screenshots. also when asked to submit a version you are going to have to choose version 6.0.0 as the platform.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Also, select Playbook as the supported device or you will be getting an email from RIM after a few days asking you to do this.

New Contributor

Thank you JRab and jtegen.

I've submitted my app last night...

Now it's a waiting game and perhaps time to start on another app.

New Developer

Success! You’ve completed the first step toward a free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.

Your app submission has been successfully received by the team at BlackBerry App World, putting you on the road to qualify for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer. The BlackBerry App World team reviews each app based on the Vendor Guidelines and we’ll notify you as soon as we have determined if your app qualifies for the free tablet offer. When your app is approved, you will receive an additional email notice requesting a shipping address for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.

First app submitted, working on a second now although I may wait until I get an actual device as I'd like to use the accelerometer in this one.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

@cookeit: How many work days between submission and this email response?