Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

jtegen wrote:

@cookeit: How many work days between submission and this email response?

About 36 hours, submitted Sunday and received the email early this morning (GMT). RIM are working pretty late on these applications I think.

Contributor

I submitted my app on the 24th of december :-)

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I submitted my app today, I will keep you informed.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: vzw

I submitted my app around an hour after it was announced that I could. On day one. I've only gotten the "Success" email. Kind of strikes me as odd that out of all of us here only one person has had their app approved and that one person has had their app approved for days. While we all still wait.

A developer friend of mine submitted his app wrong the first time. He was told to resubmit it correctly and then immediately after he did he got the "success" email.

This leads me to believe that perhaps the one person who has had their app approved is mistaken. It just seems very unlikely that they would rather quickly review and approve one persons app and then seem to stop working on it all together.

Like I said me and several other people submitted our apps on day one. So if they are doing them as they come in where is our approval or reject letters?

I would love to see a copy of the approval email.
Developer
My Device: Playbook

Interesting thoughts, though MissRancher had an existing application for phones ( I assume ) that she converted for use with the Playbook.  It is possible that since she has an existing history as a developer, and that she uploaded another version that she made it to the front of the line, somehow.  Just my thoughts, though.

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Could be possible I guess. I don't think we will see new approvals anytime soon too, since they tweeted this message a couple of days ago.

BlackBerryDev Research In Motion   
2010 was great! Read all about it in one place: http://bbry.lv/gl8NYN We're off for the holidays, so we'll tweet you in 2011!

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
New Developer

To be honest I imagine RIM have their hands full right now getting their approval processes going and testing the apps. I would guess that there have been quite a few submissions due to the free playbook offer and that there are only a limited number of people in the testing team.

It looks pretty likely that the Playbook release date has slipped to at least the end of February (not that it was ever officially given as a specific date) so I don't think anyone would be getting devices for a good few weeks yet anyway.

Personally I'm more interested in getting an updated simulator and SDK so I can improve on what I've already submitted or get working on some more apps once there is something better to work with.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: vzw

I don't know what the deal is. All I know is I have yet to see another person anywhere say that their app was either approved or rejected. The only person I've seen is Missrancher and she had her app approved, rejected and then approved again. All within less than 8 business days. Seems to be an awful fast response. That's even faster than what we were told to expect.

Maybe everyone else is keeping their approval or rejection a secret for some reason. Again I would love to see the approval email or even the rejection email.

I would love to hear anything on my apps. The longer it takes for them to reject them the less time I have to try to fix them. If they do get rejected any way.

Maybe I'm just a skeptic. But it is easier for me to believe that no one has been approved or rejected than it is for me to believe that only one person has been approved, rejected and then approved again.
Developer
My Device: Playbook

I am with you, witmen, I would like to see a yay or nay vote with some guidelines so I know how to respond. Of course I would prefer a yay, but anything would be better than nothing until the last minute.
--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Developer
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

Well they're not completely off for the holidays.

I submitted an app last week but I got an 'app received' notification this morning. So somebody is working there Smiley Happy