Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Platinumtel

Re: Anyone participating in this new PlayBook offer again?

Yup, I submitted my second app that was almost done anyway (but I had tabled it) on Saturday.  I probably never would have released it without the extra motivation.  I have a 3rd app in development that's something like halfway done, but it's a big project.

I convinced one friend to submit an AIR app.

----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm
Developer
My Device: Paper cup

[ Edited ]

Maybe if we keep on submitting more apps before the extended deadline, they'll give us refurb 64G models... which are going for $219 at BestBuy anyway...

am assuming these free ones are all refurb

Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Last time they were new (although obviously there were no refurb models as it had just come out), but maybe you're right. Giving out refurb devices would be a bit tight though.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

[ Edited ]

Just got my "you've completed the first step!" email! Man Very Happy

Submitted on saturday.

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE
My Carrier: P4

Wow! My app submission qualifies for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer. (again )

7 Feb - app submission - 1 new release

10 FebProduct Approval

11 Feb - first step completed (email from tmgideas.com)

14 Feb (now) - mail about aulifies app for the free BB PB tablet offer.

So, Thanks You BlackBerry Developer Program team for my second PlayBook from You.

All time online Smiley Very Happy
Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Initially I wasn't going to go after this offer. I had already started working on an app, but felt that trying to get done by the Feb 13 deadline would require me to rush too much, and that having a solid launch of my new game was more important then getting a $200 piece of hardware. With the deadline pushed back, I will have to trouble getting my app submitted in time.

Even without this OS on phones yet, sales have been very good so far. I am very excited about the expansion of the platform.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Developer
My Device: Paper cup

Yesterday, I was crushed upon learning that Flash apps will not work on the iOS and Android hardware that I purchased just for testing... it requires newer hardware and OS. Adobe didn't mention that when pushing Flash Builder and AIR, they just said you can deploy on iOS and Android.

However, I was pleased to find that I'd made the right decision in choosing PlayBook as the primary test-and-development device, because it's the only device Flash Builder really integrates well with. Press F11, wait a while (long, but better than launching a BBOS simulator), and up comes the app on the PB with no cable or reset required. Great!!

For iOS, you have to wait AN ETERNITY for it to build, then launch iTunes and do a sync, all before the debugger times out. Then iTunes says your device is sync'd with a different library and you'd have to erase it to install the test app, and after straightening that out, it says the app isn't compatible with your device.

So... since I'll probably be using Flash as my primary dev platform for the next few years, PlayBook has just become an essential -- even though I really have no other use for it besides watching movies.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

My app has been approved! Man Happy

Waiting for the email from tmgideas.. 

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Literally *just* submitted... hoping things go smoothly... I've already got the multiplayer version in "beta" ;-)

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
New Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Indosat

Yes, I participated this playbook offer again Smiley Very Happy

February 10, 2012 : Submitted App.

February 17, 2012 : Got approved.

Now still waiting for email from tmgidea... Smiley Sad