Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

App Developed in Flash CS5 will not run on simulator

Hi All- 

I have a few apps that I have created using adobe Air 2.5 and Flash CS5. The apps work fine in flash, but when I attempt to run them on the simulator I get a "Thinking" icon.. (5 dots that scroll across the screen as if the PlayBook (simulator) is stuck thinking)

Any thoughts on how to fix this ?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App Developed in Flash CS5 will not run on simulator

When exactly are you getting this?  When your application is started?

Can you supply a screen shot?

New Developer

Hi -

Thank for the reply... This is the screen I get whenI try and launch any app. 

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Do you get this when you try to launch the browser too?  If so, I would try to reinstall the OS in VMWare

New Developer

Hi Jtegen -

No the browser works properly. Its only the apps that I have recently created. The older apps work fine, and they all work properly on the "adobe" side (meaning when I test the movies in CS5....) 

New Developer

UPDATE: 

I have reinstalled the VM a few times, and I still get the same results. 

Anybody have any idea what is causing this ? 

FYI I did have the "password/Clock sync" issue, but I was able to get past that by syncing the clock down to the second with my computer.... 

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

hey stryker,

what does your descriptor file (-app.xml) file look like? and are you packing anythig else aside from the .swf and -app.xml file? also what command are you using to package it into a bar file and what command are you using to deploy it and run it on your simulator?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer

Hey  -

Thanks for the reply. 

In addition to the .swf and the -app.xml I am including 3 icon files that are directoried icons/icon72.png 

The Terminal command to package, install and launch : 

desktop$ blackberrySDK/bin/blackberry-airpackager -package magic.bar -installApp -launchApp Magic-app.xml Magic.swf icons/icon48.png icons/icon72.png icons/icon36.png -device 192.168.123.131 -password password

XML File: 

<?xml version ="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<id>Magic</id>
<versionNumber>1.0</versionNumber>
<filename>Magic</filename>
<description></description>
<!-- To localize the description, use the following format for the description element.
<description>
<text xml:lang="en">English App description goes here</text>
<text xml:lang="fr">French App description goes here</text>
<text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App description goes here</text>
</description>
-->
<name>Magic</name>
<!-- To localize the name, use the following format for the name element.
<name>
<text xml:lang="en">English App name goes here</text>
<text xml:lang="fr">French App name goes here</text>
<text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App name goes here</text>
</name>
-->
<copyright>NathanStryker</copyright>
<initialWindow>
<content>Magic.swf</content>
<systemChrome>standard</systemChrome>
<transparent>false</transparent>
<visible>true</visible>
<fullScreen>false</fullScreen>
<autoOrients>false</autoOrients>
<aspectRatio>portrait</aspectRatio>
<renderMode>auto</renderMode>
</initialWindow>
<customUpdateUI>false</customUpdateUI>
<allowBrowserInvocation>false</allowBrowserInvocation>
<icon>
</icon>
</application>

<?xml version ="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.5"> <id>Magic</id> <versionNumber>1.0</versionNumber> <filename>Magic</filename> <description></description> <!-- To localize the description, use the following format for the description element. <description> <text xml:lang="en">English App description goes here</text> <text xml:lang="fr">French App description goes here</text> <text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App description goes here</text> </description> --> <name>Magic</name> <!-- To localize the name, use the following format for the name element. <name> <text xml:lang="en">English App name goes here</text> <text xml:lang="fr">French App name goes here</text> <text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App name goes here</text> </name> --> <copyright>NathanStryker</copyright> <initialWindow> <content>Magic.swf</content> <systemChrome>standard</systemChrome> <transparent>false</transparent> <visible>true</visible> <fullScreen>false</fullScreen> <autoOrients>false</autoOrients> <aspectRatio>portrait</aspectRatio> <renderMode>auto</renderMode> </initialWindow> <customUpdateUI>false</customUpdateUI> <allowBrowserInvocation>false</allowBrowserInvocation> <icon> </icon></application>

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

nothing strikes (no pun intended hah) me as being wrong. the magic.bar is lowercase vs the rest of it but i dont think that would affect anything. also all the xml code under the initial XML code you posted im assuming was a copy and paste error? you seem to have all the required fields that you need for the descriptor file.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer

Yep ... sorry for the Copy/Paste Error... 

SDK Version .9.3 seems to have a number of issues, I'll just upload the files and see what BB has to say about them Smiley Happy