Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App Icon not shown on Simulator

Without it, your app will not have an icon, splash screen or know which tab to be placed under (e.g. games, tiliity, etc.).  Obvious, it works without it, but I dont know if it will install for the end user without it.  Best to include it and re-submit a signed version.

Be certain it is in your BAR file.  It does not get automatically included unless it is in the list of files to be included (along with your icon and splash screen images).

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB10-Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

Regarding publisher name, we can mention it in copyright field. before I was using wrong name in this field and hence the app was not able to sign. But when I assigned correct company name, it gave me a signed .bar file. Believe me, the signing process did not create any error and I got the message saying 'app signed'

I am really confused now, if I should again compile the app adding blackberry-tablet.xml file in addition to normal app.xml file! If I have to, is it all what it contains

<qnx>
  <initialWindow>
    <systemChrome>none</systemChrome>
    <transparent>false</transparent>
  </initialWindow>
  <publisher>o2 interactive</publisher>
  <category>core.utils</category>
  <splashscreen>assets/splash.png</splashscreen>
  <icon>
   <image>assets/logo86.png</image>
  </icon>
</qnx>

What would go in category field if its game? And also what is Splashscreen?What is max dimension of this image?Can I skip this and leave it blank?

I am sure you all must have authenticated this process, but I am still curious to know about any document which mentions about this inclusion of tablet.xml file!

Has anyone of you submitted signed app this way and is approved on app world?

Developer

You need to put your own publisher name that matches the signing process.

The splash screen is the size of the device (1024x600).  If you leave it blank, the default BB splash screen will be shown.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB10-Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

Thanks a lot for all your quick replies.

So I should settle with the following table.xml file, considering using default splash-screen?

<qnx>
  <initialWindow>
    <systemChrome>none</systemChrome>
    <transparent>false</transparent>
  </initialWindow>
  <publisher>o2 interactive</publisher>
  <category>core.utils</category>
  <icon>
   <image>assets/logo86.png</image>
  </icon>
</qnx>

Developer

You need to change the publisher to yourself.

It is up to you if you want to create your own splash screen or not.

And the file is "blackberry-tablet.xml".  You called it "table.xml".

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

If your icon still isn't showing try putting it in your src folder and name it "blackberry-tablet-icon.png". I know others have had success with their own file names and putting it in the assets folder, but for myself it has only worked with that name and in the src folder.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -