Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

App Rejected b/c not signed but it was

[ Edited ]

My app was recently rejected b/c it was not signed but I could have sworn I did sign it. I followed all the directions on this page: (http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Configure_app_signing_Flash_Builder_1422...)

I'm new to this so I'm sure I missed something, but I am unsure what it could be. I checked everything and eveything seems to be in order. So then I tried to start from scratch and reset my certificate info in flash builder, but when I tried to re-register the RIM certificate, it tells me that I can only register once.

So I've requested a different RIM certificate. (Though, Is it better to ask RIM (especially in terms of the free playbook offer) to be able to register this certificate again? If so, how is this done?)

In any case, it looks like I had signed the certificate the 1st time. What could of gone wrong?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: App Rejected b/c not signed but it was

Apps have to be double-signed. Its easy to miss the second step. Change the .BAR to a .ZIP, then use your fav zip prog to look in the META-INF dir. There should be 5 files. If not, its not signed properly.

You can only register the code-signing keys once, but once they are registered you can sign as many apps as you want. You shouldn't need new keys unless you have deleted the files or something. Just re-execute the last two commands to sign new file.

You can't sign the same VERSION however more than once. You have to build a new version with a different version number in order to sign the file again.

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

It is a really good habit to have a check list of things that need to be done with each new release.  It's the little things that can mess things up.  I have a WORD document that I check off each time I want to promote a new product or version.  Things like:

• debug set to false
  • Clean re-compile
  • 86x85 icon
  • Increment version
  • Build and deploy to simulator
  • Sign step 1
  • Sign step 2
  • Open BAR file, confirm 5 files
  • Confirm blackberry-tablet.xml is present
  • Rename BAR file to app_version_signed.bar
  • New screen shots
  • Updated description
  • etc. 
Contributor

There aren't 5 files in the META-INF folder, so it appears I didn't sign it, but I am still dumbfounded as to why not.

What do you mean by double signing? Is the process specified on the following page? If so, I could have sworn I followed every step.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Configure_app_signing_Flash_Builder_1422...

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

There are many, many threads on signing.  I sign by command line.  Signing in FB and especially in FB/Buritto can be problematic.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

The first step adds 3 files. The 2nd step adds 2 more.  The steps are outlined in the same doc further down when it talkes about signing by command line.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Configure_app_signing_from_cmd_line_1463...

Apparently, FlashBuilder isn't (or didn't) completely sign the app. I think I read somewhere that .93 only did one step of the signing, but .94 fixes it. Having said that, I haven't tested to make sure this is the case and I only have a somewhat vague recollection to go on anyway.  Bottom line is that you may have followed the steps in the doc, but I can't say for sure that FB is doing the right thing or not.

Hopefully you can do some testing and then we will know for sure. Smiley Happy Make sure that you are using the latest SDK.

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Contributor

I have the latest Blackberry Tablet OS SDK (0.9.4). 

I'm not really a command-like kind of guy, but perhaps I have no choice. Hopefully I can avoid it.

Has anyone submitted their app successfully and compiled it using flash Builder - not by command line? If so, any thoughts on my situation?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

The command line is incredibly simple once you get it set up. Trust me, it looks extremely intimidating but is actually quite manageable. However, if you have already set up your .p12 file through Flash Builder, you will need to set up new keys to register them via cmd line.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -