Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: App Signing Woes - 'The signature on the code signing request didn't verify. The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.'

haha theres always that one in the group Smiley Happy

i doubt he'll get a playbook though, the rules specifically stated those kind of apps are not "eligible" for the playbook regardless of acceptance. i just hope he wasnt banking on this one app.

personally though, id be charging $0.99 for the app !

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App Signing Woes - 'The signature on the code signing request didn't verify. The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.'

I bet he's happy he had only 50 'noises' and not over 201.  

yeah, he should charge for his app, all those beans he had to eat would not have come cheap.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Funny app, but I agree not free PB worthy.  But not for us to decide anyway.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I gave in... not fighting it any more... just signed it the way they have in their docs, even though all you're doing is signing with a fake generated cert. Guess my $550 THAWTE certificate was for nothing...

New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi everyone!

We're having the exact same issue as Mark did, only our app has 2019 assets (being a large game). Doing a quick and rough trimming of the manifest file, as well as removing the majority of the asset folders, made it able for the signing process to move further, only now we're getting a "barsigner error: server error: Code signing request failed because this file has been previously signed." error.

We have left a comment in the original issue page started by Mark, but how can we make sure the proper person from RIM sees it before today's deadline?

Any ideas are welcome!

Thanks!

Dimitrios

Developer

If you signed and app, you need to increment the version to sign it again.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you for the reply, John.

In case my original post wasn't clear, we're having trouble signing our app with the 2019 assets in it. Removing the majority of the assets was just an experiment to see if their number was indeed what the problem was. So, Mark's original issue remains with us.

Highlighted
Developer

Does it sign with no assets?  Can you figure out how many files will break the signing?

If you're rushed for time, upload to vendor portal with it not signed and then figure out a better solution for signing.  One work around would be to download the assets the first time the application is run from a website.