Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

App World, Activate an Old Version?

I submitted my app to App World in March, and it was reviewed and approved.  It was up in App World for a while and there are downloads in the reports so I can tell it was successful.

Then I uploaded an updated version, but apparently forgot to sign it.  This resulted in the updated version being denied, but at the same time my previous version was somehow removed.

I can see in App World that my previous version is still there and the status is approved, but I can't find any way to make it the active version again.  So I'm off the air until a new version gets approved even though I had a prior version approved.

Am I missing something?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App World, Activate an Old Version?

I've mentioned this before, and for newer developers, this is especially important.  Create a checklist in something like WORD or Excel of all the steps that need to be done to release a product version.  Even if you have a dozen apps and you're releasing once a week, it is vital to have a complete check list to physically mark off.  Include things like:

• increment app version
  • debug = false
  • full/clean recompile
  • deploy to simulator and test
  • sign 1
  • sign 2
  • verify BAR file has 5 signing files
  • rename bar file to myapp_signed.bar
  • update vendor portal description
  • verify and update screen shots
  • etc
  • etc 
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Sure, but in the (inevitable) case where you upload a version that misses a step, does it really mean that your app disappears from the store?  I could understand marking the new one as denied but the previous one should still be for sale shouldn't it?

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

All unsigned apps are likely removed from App World by RIM.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Yah, but if his initial version was signed, there is no way they should remove it because an update was denied...
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -