Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

App World screenshot issue

I have an app in App World for Blackberry smartphones that I am creating a Playbook version of.  Since the app has the same name, I cannot create a new app in App World with that name, so I am exploring adding a bundle for the Playbook.  My big concern is the screenshots: the prospective buyer will see all the screenshots, both smartphone and Playbook ones.  This may be confusing, and it would be nice if the there can be some separation of the screenshots -- smartphone users shouldn't see Playbook screenshots, and vice versa.
Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: App World screenshot issue

Create another product?

If the cell phone app was called "Draw Circles", then the new product could be called "Draw Circles for PlayBook".

Just a suggestion.

My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

Re: App World screenshot issue

I would like to see this.

The differences between the PlayBook, and smartphone versions of these applications are often going to be significant. I would actually like even more control, as occationally I have posted screen shots of OS6 features, that will not be possible to be used by everyone downloading the application.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com