Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Simulator

Re: App World search for PlayBook apps sucks big time!

I just added 'for BlackBerry PlayBook' to mine - I'll report ANY increase in sales - which would be more than 2!  Smiley Happy

--------------------------------------
ABC Trace for BlackBerry PlayBook
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

After I submitted a new description containing "blackberry playbook" they automatically did the
capitalization and added the trademark symbols for me.
Anthony
http://www.anthonyquarella.com
Accepted Apps: UpToDateTV
New Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: ABC

anthonyq wrote:
After I submitted a new description containing "blackberry playbook" they automatically did the
capitalization and added the trademark symbols for me.

Same for mine too. 

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

You could always use Google... Just enter

playbook site:appworld.blackberry.com inurl:content

or click here

However, I do agree that RIM should fix this. It's bad PR for the PlayBook.

Cheers, - Jon - 

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
My Device: Torch 9800

Thank you very much for posting this, I am not a developer but I was just following these interesting topics on the whole issue with media claiming they are no apps, one could understand why.  Continue the good work.

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Simulator

[ Edited ]

So the name change 'ABC Trace' to 'ABC Trace for BlackBerry PlayBook' went effective last night (4/21) and I had a 200% increase in sales (4).

It could be because of the name change or it's the weekend...

--------------------------------------
ABC Trace for BlackBerry PlayBook
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I'm getting a little peeved that having the term "playbook" in both my name and description doesn't cause my apps to show up when someone searches for "playbook". What really sets me over the edge is the 50 apps that do show up when a search is done for "playbook", and there is no clear cut reason as to why they show up over others. Care to weigh in RIM? It'd be appreciated.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

@jffurlan: The people responsible for app world do not watch this forum. It might be better to post app world related questions/comments/suggestions to the app world forum. They are pretty responsive over there.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

You're right John but it was more of just a rant. I honestly don't expect RIM to actually give a response as to why they would showcase some apps over others.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: curve 8900

[ Edited ]

Don't exactly understand why you'd want to put for Blackberry PlayBook in the title of your app, I mean 99.9% of users that will search for a playbook app will search from inside AppWorld on the PlayBook itself.

And since they're the only ones that will see those apps, not counting the web version) adding PlayBook to the title won't give your app more exposure.

I'm sure that there's a lot that comes into play with the search relevancy (it could be anything like date added, # of downloads, matching terms and so on) and we don't know what algorithms they use. I do agree that they should improve it though.

Most people won't find your app  or game from a search result, just because it's kind of hard to search for something when you don't even know what you're looking for. It's easier to find an app by looking at specific categories.

--
Bitbox