Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

App approved than denied?

Hey Guys, my app was approved yesterday. Received the email and than pushed it to the app store. Today i received an email saying my app has been denied for not being signed.

Why would they approve it in the first place?

Does this now mean i automatically am out of the contest?

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: App approved than denied?

hey,

this has been brought up a few time. basically your app was approved as an appworld application, but in order for it to show up in app world it must be signed. as long as you submitted your app before the deadline and meet the criteria as per the terms and conditions, you are still elgible for the offer.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor
My Device: Bold

Sorry for bringing up stuff that has already been brought up.

I am curious has RIM indicated that their submission process will be able to identify signed packages in the future?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

no need to be sorry -- we're all new to this Smiley Happy

and yes RIM has stated that your app needs to be signed for it to appear on appworld and be downloaded to the devices. however, since the signing wasnt available before the offer started, they allowed us to submit unsigned apps since the device wasnt publicly available.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

[ Edited ]

uhohhotdog wrote:

Sorry for bringing up stuff that has already been brought up.

I am curious has RIM indicated that their submission process will be able to identify signed packages in the future?

You mean to notify us if what we are submitting is not signed? I haven't heard anything...

No sweat about bring stuff up that has been mentioned before, but the search function for these forums is pretty solid and can usually give you two or three threads that will help your problem. In this case I'd look up cmd line signing as it is far more reliable than FB signing. There are a couple guides that can walk you through the process, including how to inspect your .bar to assure it is signed.

Good Luck!

EDIT: Seriously JRab?! Twice in one day lol. you must type as fast as this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=blB_X38YSxQ

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Good question.  It is best to have a checklist of things that you need to do to release a new version.  But beyond that, this would be a good post for the app world forum since you are more likely to get that idea in front of the correct people.