Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

App still "isn't signed"

Hey guys,

I recently sent off my app for the third time to be signed and it still got declined.

I followed BlackBerry's guide on how to do it from the command line and i did the blackberry-verify check, to check if it was signed, and it came back with bar verifed

I did find that my SWF file wont run though, which is weird, i can run the program from flash builder, but when i try and run it in IE it doesn't work

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chris

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Other

Re: App still "isn't signed"

Do you have the error message?

Copy and paste it here and it'll help us for us to debug your situtation

Sliding Puzzle Playbook Game - http://bit.ly/hgvZIG
Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

ie probably doesn't have the right flash player or something

also, blackberry-verify? did you use blackberry-signer before that?

what you can do is to open your .bar file with winrar, 7-zip or any other .zip-program. if you open it, there should be two folders: air and META-INF. in the META-INF folder, when you create your .bar, it contains only a single file. after signing, there should be five: the original file, two key files for RDK and two for you. can you verify that?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Also make sure u aren't mismatching the sdk -- check to make sure u are compiling with the newest sdk and you are signing with the newest sdk -- after checking that make sure u aren't doing any "manual" editing of the manifest or the bar file after it as been created -- everyhting should be done via the command line or thru the IDE with no manual editing of files. Good luck!
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Regular Contributor

The message i got from blackberry was: Please upload a signed copy of your application, appears that it isnt signed

Yes i did use blackberry signed before that. Ive only got three files though which are: AUTHOR.EC, AUTHOR.SF, MANIFEST.MF

I compiled the bar and signed the bar with 0.9.3, that may be the problem. I havent manually edited anything, all ive done is follow blackberrys guide on how to package and sign from the command line
Developer

hey,

sounds like you didnt do the first part of the signing -- did you use command line to sign the app or did you use Flash Builder? If you did it via command line, i think skipped over the RDK portion of signing as you only seem to have done the author portion of signing given the files that you saw in the bar file.

signing is a two step process -- first RDK and then author. hope that sheds some light. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Regular Contributor

Well these are the steps i took to sign it:

Packaged the bar file in command prompt
Created a csk
Registered the csj,
Created the p12
Signed using the command with RDK at the end of it
Signed again using the command with author at the end

Is that all correct?
Developer

hey,

yeah that seems just about right -- even after doing that you still dont see the RDK.EC or RDK.SF files?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Regular Contributor

Yup, i've sent off for another CSJ file and i'm gonna try again

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

using .93 SDK is the problem. Upgrade to the latest SDK and sign it again and you should be good to go.

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids