Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

App testing question for 2.0

If my current app downloads and runs correctly in the current 2.0 developer beta (2.0.0.7111), is it safe to assume that it will run in 2.0 final when it launches?  I'm currently rebuilding my dev environment on my laptop and haven't run the app in the simulator since I submitted it at launch.  All of my coding changes have been server-side since that's where all of the main functionality for my app resides.  It's been a long time since I've needed to make client-side changes and my FlashBuilder 4.0 trial has long since expired.  I've been saving my 4.6 free trial for a bunch of changes that I'll be starting on now.

Do I need to hurry up to get my environment in place to deploy to the updated simulator, or is knowing that it runs fine on the 2.0 dev beta enough?

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: App testing question for 2.0

I think you should be fine testing on the dev beta, since that's pretty much the purpose of the beta (no client unfortunately to try out). My appications are tested on both the dev beta and release 1.0.8.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer

Thanks. That's what I was hoping for.

Highlighted
Developer

Can anyone else confirm this?  I just want to be sure and not have to be in scurry mode when 2.0 comes out.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Unless you are doing something unique with some new set of APIs, you are probably fine. But when the final version does get released, it is still a good idea to test all of your apps just in case there is a surprise.