Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: developer

Application Icon works on VM simulator but not on bb Z10 device

Hi,

We are using Adobe Air to develop our app. 

I am testing our app on our VM and our application icon correctly launches our app.

But when testing our app on an actual device such as the BlackBerry Z10,  when I tap our application icon, it fails to launch and does not respond.

Appreciate any help here. Urgently :-)

Thanks!

Marcos

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

Re: Application Icon works on VM simulator but not on bb Z10 device

I had that also recently occur with a webworks app. It worked on the simulator and Q10 but not Z10, strangely enough. No idea what the issue is ... so also curious as to an answer.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Are you deploying the exact same .bar file to both the simulator and the device? 

Is it a signed release bar, or a debug bar?

Is there a non expired debug token installed on the device? 

New Contributor

Hi UberschallSamsara,

Q1. Are you deploying the exact same .bar file to both the simulator and the device?

No. While deploying to simulator (10.2) I'm using command:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\blackberry-tablet-sdk-3.2.0\bin\blackberry-airpackager" -package rcr.bar -installApp -launchApp rcr-app.xml rcr.swf -device 192.168.219.129

Signed .bar was created using following command line:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\blackberry-tablet-sdk-3.2.0\bin\blackberry-signer" -storepass *** rcr.bar
and later the file was sent to BlackBerry World in order to publish in the store. They get back with feedback "
I am testing your app on the BlackBerry Z10. When I tap your application icon, it fails to launch and does not respond. Please fix this issue. "

Q2. Is it a signed release bar, or a debug bar?

Answered above.

Q3. Is there a non expired debug token installed on the device?

I don't know how BB support is setting up their devices. Maybe here is the problem ?

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Marcos

Developer

Ok, from your answers I realize now that you don't have a device to test on, correct?

What happens if you deploy your signed .bar file (i.e. the exact .bar file that you are uploading to the vendor portal) on to the simulator though?

Can you try to put some logging code inside your app's entry point class constructor and init routines, that writes log status to a file in your app directory, and SSH into the simulator to view logs, then run your signed app on the simulator to see if the OS launcher is even transferring control to your entry point class?

New Contributor

Thanks,

Answer:

Deployed signed .bar works like a charm on the simulator ( 10.2 - https://developer.blackberry.com/air/downloads/fetch/BlackBerry10Simulator-Installer-BB10_2_0X-339-W... ).

The application ( both signed .bar and not signed .bar ) does not launch on BB 10.1 Simulator ( https://developer.blackberry.com/air/downloads/fetch/BlackBerry10Simulator-Installer-BB10_1_X-1483-W... )

Any further ideas?

Cheers,

Marcos

Developer

Did you double check that you specified the platform requirements correctly when you uploaded to the vendor portal?

If the test house is trying to run your app on a 10.1 device because your app submission (perhaps unintionally) indicated that it was supposed to be compatible with 10.1, that could be the problem right there.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Marcosrcr wrote:

Thanks,

Answer:

Deployed signed .bar works like a charm on the simulator ( 10.2 - https://developer.blackberry.com/air/downloads/fetch/BlackBerry10Simulator-Installer-BB10_2_0X-339-W... ).

The application ( both signed .bar and not signed .bar ) does not launch on BB 10.1 Simulator ( https://developer.blackberry.com/air/downloads/fetch/BlackBerry10Simulator-Installer-BB10_1_X-1483-W... )

Any further ideas?

Cheers,

Marcos

Are you using renderMode - Direct or using anything that is not supported in AIR 3.1?

BlackBerry 10.0 and BlackBerry 10.1 only support AIR 3.1. BlackBerry 10.2 supports upto AIR 3.5. 

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/