Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Application won't launch on simulator, all I get is loading screen then it closes.

Hello everyone. I built an application in Flash CS5, packaged it and installed it on the simulator with blackberry-airpackager but when I click the application's icon I get the 'Loading your application, please wait' screen for about 2 seconds then it closes. Any ideas? Is there an error log?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry® PlayBook™
My Carrier: .

Re: Application won't launch on simulator, all I get is loading screen then it closes.

What does your package command look like?

Does it include:

-C [WORKING DIRECTORY]

between the BAR file name and -install?

If not, add that and see if it helps. There are several threads on the forum about this.

Developer

Re: Application won't launch on simulator, all I get is loading screen then it closes.

Thanks for your reply Chris. I searched the forums  regarding the -c but couldn't find anything helpful. I tried:

blackberry-airpackager -package test.bar -c c:\users\RapsFan\desktop -installApp c:\Users\RapsFan\desktop\test-app.xml c:\Users\RapsFan\desktop\test.swf -device 192.168.223.129

I thought working directory referred to my projec directory or does it refer to a subdir in the sdk dir?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

If you run blackberry-airpackager at the command line with no options, it will dump out a pile of help on the various options.  Note that the -c option is actually listed as -C (capital C), though it's unclear whether it's really case-sensitive.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry® PlayBook™
My Carrier: .

Working Directory is where your applications files are located.

Developer

Got it thanksSmiley Happy