04-09-2011 11:52 PM
Well, as the originator of this thread, I thought I would provide an update, even though I haven't heard from the test house as yet.
So I received new a new signing key in little more than a day after requesting one, have upped my version number in the xml file, published a signed version of the .bar file, de-compressed a copy and verified that it had the five requisite files in it that I mentioned earlier and uploaded it to the server for review.
I'll post again when I hear any further word.
Thanks to all who replied and good luck to all who have found themselves in a similar situation.
04-13-2011 11:47 PM
Continuing the long wave of confusion
and frustration that I've experienced with the approval process, I now have this to report:
Looking at the Release Status of my app, in the Change Requests tab of the Tickets, it has listed as Old Value "1.0.2 Under Review" but as the New Value "1.0.2 Approved." However, the ticket remains Open. The Modified date is April 10, which makes me wonder if it has been approved for the last four days? If so, why haven't I received any email to this effect and if approved why is the ticket still open?
As always, any insight into this would be appreciated.
04-14-2011 12:28 AM
04-14-2011 11:28 AM
Same thing for me. My app approved back in beginning of February but was later denied beginning of April because of code signing error. I signed it 'properly' and resubmitted, got denied again because of wrong icon dimensions. Fixed that and resubmitted but haven't heard anything since.
That was on the 7th of April, it's soon launch date so starting to get a bit worried about not having my app live at launch!
Have emailed the person who notified me about the icon dimensions twice but got no reply back.
And everything went so smooth up until this point!
04-14-2011 12:07 PM
Ugh. Well I don't know what more I can do. The ways in which this whole process has been anything but easy and clear has been, as I've written previously, a source of great frustration. However, I can only hope at this point that I will eventually receive further word as to the status of my application from someone, anyone at RIM, and that they will honor the message they sent me in their email back at the end of January informing me that I qualified for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer pending my filling out a shipping info form which, of course, I filled out.
Again, if there is further word or if I receive the PlayBook in the mail, I will post it here.
04-14-2011 12:23 PM
I have the same problem too, My applications also denied on 6th of April because of missing author signature. I signed and submitted them on 7th of April and still waiting for approval. I also tried to contact JASON, who reported me the deniel, but no response...
I really want my apps to be in the market on launch date, but I don't know what to do now.
04-15-2011 06:27 PM
So, as I sort of cross posted in http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-S
I have not filled out any shipping info. You guys think I'll be able to get the shipping email and subsequently the PlayBook?
Also, because of the code signing error, if I make a new release now (to get my app on App World), will it jeopardize my eligibility for a PlayBook because the deadline has past?