Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Are there events for bezel "SWIPE_UP" "SWIPE_RIGHT" and "SWIPE_LEFT" ?

ah alrite. i get what you mean now. and it does sound kind of like they have no intention of giving us the other swipes hah. maybe suggest it via the issue tracker as a possible add on soon?

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/resources/issuetracker/

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Even if we don't get to hear about the other swipes, it would be good to have the ability to do at least one last render prior to being minimized.

If they give us DEACTIVATE only after the thumbnail snapshot has been taken, I think there's certainly a case to be made for some event that will tell us that it's about to take the snapshot, so we can do something before that happens.  I've already encountered a "need" for this once myself.

By the way, you mentioned a 1s delay or something with stopping your time by using the DEACTIVATE... I really doubt on the real device it will be that slow.  Probably well under half a second, maybe not even noticable under most conditions.  The simulator is really a pig in terms of performance on many things...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Free Playbook!
My Carrier: n/a

They 1 sec delay I'm talking about is the "shrinking" as the app switcher animates onscreen. As the app is shrinking down to a "card," it's actually still running (although I don't think that it will accept any mouse/touch events during this time). The app only "deactivates" once it is finished shrinking down into a thumbnail.

mark-lacroix.com | Operators: the game with two sides
Please give me Kudos if I've earned it!
Developer

Ah, right, the animation itself.  It's under 1s here, and a bit jerky, so it might be slightly better on the real thing, but obviously if they don't even send DEACTIVATE till it's down then we're stuck with whatever delay they've programmed for it.

A pre-deactivate event would make a good feature request.  Are you going to file one?  You've got the best use case I've heard.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

Yeah, I'm going to put in a feature request, as JRab suggested. I'm a self-taught coder, so I'm timid when it comes to this kind of thing (if I can't figure it out, it almost never means that it's not possible). It's nice to hear confirmation that I'm not crazy :-P

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

We all might be crazy in spending these kind of hours on an unproven platform.  Hopefully, we'll be crazy and laughing in line at the bank!

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hopefully you are refering to when your app rakes in some cash and not the market crashing again Smiley Wink

but yes. we're all a little crazy inside!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer

jtegen wrote:

We all might be crazy in spending these kind of hours on an unproven platform.  Hopefully, we'll be crazy and laughing in line at the bank!

I'm reminded of the Amiga (which was an awesome platform), and OS/2 (which was a pretty solid operating system with real potential), both of which I thought were great at the time.  And now I think the PlayBook is great... quick, everyone find a piece of wood and knock on it!

Sadly, the ultimate outcome is never dependent solely (or perhaps even much) on the capabilities of the platform itself, but far more on the marketing talents of the company pushing it, and the whims of the ever-fickle buying public.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Add BeOS to that list (hence my avatar)..

Highlighted
Developer

I'm submitted a feature request here:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-85

Here's hoping it gets implemented in future SDKs.