Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Are you having Signing Issues?

Guys we take to heart your pain and we are working on improving siging workflow to make it more easy.

Also we (hopefully) fixed few bugs in signing workflows in FB in upcoming 1.0 release which should make your life easier. Command like workflows would stay the same for now, but we are working on improving them in the post 1.0 releases.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Thanks Elana...  that's all we can ask for.  

Best regards,

Brent

If you found my post helpful, please thank me with a Kudo. Thanks!
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Just to close off this thread for anyone searching for similar issues, I'd start here next time:

RIM has put together a great little video tutorial on debug and signing tokens.  Wish I had it when I was going through this....  pay VERY close attention to it and you should be fine.  One of the problems I had was using different passwords for my signing, CSK (both debug and signing) and p12 keys.  The utilities are pretty unforgiving of any mistakes.  Follow his instructions to the letter and you should be fine.  Good luck.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Creating-Debug-Tokens-and-Applica...

Best regards,

Brent

If you found my post helpful, please thank me with a Kudo. Thanks!
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Regarding issue #1, it's not really true that the only fix is "Export for Release", you can go into your app.xml file in bin-debug, and manually remove the "-debug" and ".debug" values. But you have to repeat this EVERY time you edit your main xml file...  :/

I have filed a bug with the Flash Builder team to hopefully get this fixed.

Inserting un-solicited content into the derived app.xml files is ridiculous, it should be published with the ID and Name I specified...

Not everyone uses Export for Release, and in some cases you may need to publish an unsigned build and have someone else sign it. Hopefully they will do something about this.