Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
02-27-2011 01:56 PM
Solved. My problem was that I had followed a wrong link and had downloaded an older version of the simulator instead.
When using the new simulator, it works.
Leaving Windows firewall on is ok and not using "run as administrator" works fine also.
Thanks all for your help and patience.
02-27-2011 02:02 PM
not a problem at all! we all get tripped up here and there. good luck on the rest of your development!
03-01-2011 10:26 PM
1. I have the latest VM simulator version 3.1.3 build-3242852. I have the latest SDK .0933. Development mode is ON! 4. IP addres is correct. 5. my user generated password is working fine.
6. I tried using this command:blackberry-airpackager -package output_bar_file_name -installApp -launchApp project_name-app.xml project_name.swf any_other_project_files -device IP_address -password password AND IT DID NOT WORK! 7. I also tried using this command:"blackberry-deploy -installApp -password pass -device 192.168.218.128 -package myapp.bar"And It DID NOT WORK!
8. I restarted the Simulator And It DID NOT WORK!
9. I read this post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-S
What am I missing, What else should I try???? Anyone....?
03-01-2011 11:11 PM
I think I downloaded the right one. Are you talking about this download?
|Software Name:||BlackBerry PlayBook Simulator v0.9.3 Beta (Win)|
|Download Size:||107.006 MB|
03-01-2011 11:16 PM
03-25-2011 07:12 PM
I'm having the same problem. I haven't updated my simulator since the first simulator came out. But I did update the SDK to the latest one. However, when I tried to deploy the app it didnt. I understand that's because I am running an old simulator, so I downloaded 0.9.4 and ran it, but it never gets beyond the loading screen. I ran it on both my mac and windows 7 pc, with no success. All the settings are exactly as they are in the Developer Guide. Anyone have any clue what's going wrong?
03-25-2011 07:14 PM
@AArpagian: from what i've read when users have run into this problem, let the simulator run till it loads up. so if its loading up or there is a blank black screen, just let it load and it should work soon after. good luck!