Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha
My Carrier: -

Re: BB10: Problems using Picker

In another case(where I am using Picker in actual app), the problem occours when I add the Picker item in the container with GridLayout(). If I remove the GridLayout() for the container, the Picker can be added, even though does not work when clicked.

However in both the cases, I am getting the same error message!

The day is turning to be useless with this problem and can't move forward :-(

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Are you running on the simulator or are you running on the desktop using the Flash debug player?

Developer

[ Edited ]

I am running on desktop and sorry to repeat but all other components work just fine otherwise.

Developer

Unless you have the source code for the BB10 components you can't be sure which of them do or don't call the ANE.  Maybe the picker is the only one in your example app that calls the ANE.

Try running on the simulator.

Developer

I am doubtful about this!

But as in another case, I am not even able to compile the app if I add the Picker in container with Gridlayout! This gives me the same error.

I am surprised at the error as it refers to some workplace of 'hudson' on E drive, which I am not. May be some issue with the component itself!

NonDisposableBitmapData()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\utils\DisplayObjectUtils.as:218]

Developer

That reference to hudson is probably a path to a CI server in BlackBerry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_(software)

but I don't know why the production ANE needs to keep these references, since we don't get to have

the source code and the line numbers in the stack traces are therefore practically meaningless to us.

Suggest you take whatever variation of your app that compiles correctly with a Picker but fails to

run on your desktop, and generate the bar correctly (include the ANE) and run it on the simulator.

Developer

Major issue, can't get the Simulator working at first place due to Graphics card and can't do much due to some other environment contraints at work place!

So always developed apps in Flash and tested in desktop and then on Dev Aplha, every time is worked perfectly till this Picker issue.

And I am so lucky(Smiley Sad) that I returned my Dev Alpha just yesterday!

Developer

Sounds like getting your simulator issue resolved should be top priority.

My understanding is that there's no desktop implementation in the ANE's supplied with the BB10 AIR SDK.

Which would mean you can't iterate on your UI in the desktop Flash player.

Anyone who knows for sure who happens to read this - please chime in.

Developer

Thanks for the continus follow up, regarding the components and UI, I will add another post which would be quite interesting again!

But I still feels, there might be some issue with the component, I may be wrong though!

Developer

As in my other post about ANE, I am able to get all components working even on desktop in Author mode. Now what could be the reasons for Picker not working/even compiling in Grid layout on desktop?