Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB10 mx.utils

Hi,

I think your getting AIR and Flex confused. Flex is a framework for building AIR applications. AIR is a runtime. Right now BlackBerry 10 supports the AIR 3.1 runtime. The latest version Adobe currently has is AIR 3.5 with 3.6 in beta. We are upgrading runtimes after the launch of BlackBerry10. 

So to answer your question... There is a guide for building out an ActionScript mobile application here - https://developer.blackberry.com/air/documentation/bb10/create_your_first_application_fb_ms_2010840_... 

You need to make sure to force your applicaiton to run using 3.1 by following this guide here - https://developer.blackberry.com/air/documentation/bb10/gsg_change_runtime_fb.html 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dustin

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Developer
Developer
My Device: PB
My Carrier: ATT

I'm clearly confused, but the example is too simple:

I've switched from Flex to AIR for my main app and would like to do the same for my library project.

My library uses components in the qnx ANE's.  If I build an ActionScript Library project, I need to manually add the qnx and ane files to the build path. ok, did that:

Now, when launched, the app displays the splash screen and dies, no console output.

My question: How do I specify the -forceAirVersion 3.1 to the compiler?

Regards,

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Flex is a framework (collection of classes that work together to perform a task). Flex uses ActionScript (a programming language) and provides (Flex that is) a XML description language called MXML. ActionScript produces a SWF file. That SWF file can be run in a browser or on a desktop. The desktop runtime to "play" the SWF is called AIR.

When you create a project, you can select Flex or ActionScript. Both produce a SWF that is run inside a AIR "runtime" on top of QNX.
Developer
Developer
My Device: PB
My Carrier: ATT

Nice explanation but it doesn't address the problem:

I created an ActionScript library project.  It uses AIR 3.4, but the main project was told to use AIR 3.1 as outlined in Dustin's post.

Since my (formerly working) app no longer works, I'm trying to figure out why and seems that the library and main should specify the same runtime: AIR 3.1 not mixed.

Hope that is clearer.

Regards,

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

AIR runtime on BB only goes to 3.1. It does not currently support AIR 3.4.