Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

BBM Invocation options...........

A question for someone from RIM. Why are there basically two options to start a chat and not an option to set the users status? The SHARE option when used with text and the BBMCHAT option both start a chat with a user. Should the SHARE option not set the users status and not start a chat?

Also will there be an option in the future to send clickable links to contacts to download an application?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: BBM Invocation options...........

All this can be done in the BBM SDK. We hope that RIM will be able to provide an ANE for this now that most of the development is slowing down a little. RIM wanted the community to provide this ANE (and I started), but I just do not have the bandwidth to work on it. Most of the invocation has to do with a GUI. Setting the status is not really a GUI thing. Having the app integrate with BBM via the SDK allows it to do a lot more then Invocation can provide (links, downloads, data transfer, etc.), so an ANE is your best bet. We just need to continue to apply pressure on RIM (AIR team) to find the time to provide that. Heck, I would even help pay someone to do this.
Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook

Re: BBM Invocation options...........

Ok. Well I may look into it then. Gonna try and do one for ScoreLoop as well.