Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Back Camera Problem - starts zoomed in on Playbook

On the playbook OS 2.1, when I compare what I am seeing between the camera on a swf file and the native camera app - I see about half as much - so the swf camera looks zoomed in by a factor of two.

I am testing with a local swf file and browsing to it with the browser.  It gives me the usual accept message.  (Another thing about it is that it does not rotate - the rest of the swf file contents do but the video is upside down.)

Here, somewhat, is my code.  I have tried scaling my holder down to make sure there is no video outside the screen and there is not.  What is in my camera is just zoomed in!  I have also tried it with the desktop webcam and it is mostly comparible in zoom - Flash cuts off a little compared to the Web cam software but not nearly as much as on the Playbook.  Any thoughts?

cam = new Video(1024, 600);  
myTimer = new Timer(200, 1);
myTimer.addEventListener(TimerEvent.TIMER, init);
holder = new MovieClip();

// then in the init

signal = Camera.getCamera("1");

signal.setQuality(0, 100);
signal.setMode(cam.width, cam.height, 30, false);

My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Re: Back Camera Problem - starts zoomed in on Playbook

Anybody else have this problem?

I have just tried out the camera with an app now (before it was a swf) and it still starts zoomed compared to the native camera app.  It is about 1.5 magnification which is really annoying for my purpose.

Has anyone used the camera - can you confirm it starts zoomed in or did you find a way around it?