Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
10-24-2011 09:17 PM
I've got some apps-in-progress which use QNXSystem.system.requestResource(QNXSystemResource
Under 1.0.7 they've been working fine.
Under 126.96.36.19978, at the moment, I'm not getting any success with that.
When the tablet goes into standby, the GPS updates stop. When it comes out of standby, they resume after a short pause.
Anyone else have some apps which use geolocation in the same way? Could you please test under 2.0 and share your results here? I'll create a Jira issue if someone else can confirm this, or if after further testing I'm convinced it's not my own fault somehow.
10-25-2011 09:49 AM
10-25-2011 09:52 AM
10-25-2011 10:37 AM
John, could you please confirm that what you're seeing is as I describe below?
You'd the first other person to observe and report this, but I've been having the issue for quite a while and have found no workaround so far. It was on my list to ticket in Jira after I re-tested it with a simple test app that I could post here and reference in the ticket.
1. GPS is working at some point.
2. Run a GPS app (possibly any one) and have it fail to get a reading (indoors, hand covering bottom right corner, etc).
3. Exit app.
4. Change conditions so a reading should be possible (move outdoors, uncover antenna, etc).
5. Run GPS app again, and no readings will ever be retrieved.
6. Restart PlayBook and things work fine again with no other change in conditions.
10-25-2011 10:55 AM
I have had some emails with RIM regarding this and they said it is a lot better in 2.0, but maybe not the verson that we have. Still worth submitting a bug/issue to them. It is very frustrating. It is almost like that GPS service application needs to be re-started once it is not able to sense the satelites anymore.
10-25-2011 11:07 AM
10-25-2011 12:13 PM - edited 10-26-2011 11:02 AM
10-26-2011 03:17 PM
Although as usual nobody can see it, I suspect, I created an external ticket to track this for the record: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-339