Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Three Mobile

BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Simulator sizing issues

I can't find anyone talking about this or it being mentioned in the release notes, but does anyone else have issues with the font and icon sizing in the simulator in VMWare Player? Or is it just me?

Capture.PNG

Developer
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Simulator sizing issues

This was an issue until the recent beta 2 release simulator. To resize it, goto the simulator install path. By default for me it was:

C:\Users\JohnSmith\Documents\Virtual Machines\BlackBerry10Simulator-BB10_0_06

Then go into the folder 'controllers' and you should find an executable called controller.exe. Run it, then in the connection menu click 'connect' and input the ip address of the running simulator in VMWare. Once connected, you should be able to go into the 'Device' menu of the connect application and select "Change Zoom Level.' You can also do a bunch of other stuff with it.

Good luck, and if u have any questions feel free to ask.

-T

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Three Mobile

Thanks, but the zoom level only affects the overall size of the vm player, not the size of the controls and text within it.

If you take a close look at the screenshot you'll see that the clock is overlapping the dev mode icon and the separator. The icon for the AIR Browser is way too big. The PlayBook simulator does not have this issue for me.

The above issue also affects my app itself -  the fonts and controls are all out of whack.

Developer
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: AT&T

The overlap on the status bar is normal. It is like that on mine as well. Not really a big issue.

As for sizing of controls within an app, that is certainly not normal. You should check that you are using the correct sdk, and that you are implementing the components correctly. If there is an issue with your code, you should probably post it so someone can help you figure it out.