Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: WIND mobile

BlackBerry Deployment Setup Wizard not detecting device - Solution

Hi,

Im using flash builder 4.7 for win 7 (64-bit), and the BlackBerry sdk 3.1.1 for Adobe AIR. I cannot get the 'BlackBerry Deployment Setup Wizard' to detect my plugged in BlackBerry.

I got all the sdks setup easily enough and installed 'Blackberry link' in order to get my computer to detect my device (a BB z10). My device is on, and plugged in and charging, it is running BB OS 10.0.10.85, and i can use it as a mass storage device and BlackBerry link all works i can move files back and forth fine.

In the 'BlackBerry Deployment Setup Wizard', launched from the blue text in the preferences-target platforms-BlackBerry inside Flash builder, I get to step 2 'Device Setup' and I select "Device connected using USB". I enter the proper IP and password and i see "Failed to setup USB Device". If i click "Auto Discover Devices"  it returns with "(auto-discovery failed)"

- Phone is in developer mode, passwords and IPs are correct/matching.

- If i cmd Ping the device it returns 4 of 4 packets at 0% loss

- I've restarted the device multiple times

- I've restarted the computer multiple times

- I've uninstalled old versions of Flash Builder, and reinstalled 4.7

I fixed this problem, by using a usb 3 plug instead of a usb 2 one on my computer... Just thought i'd post this here in case someone else was having this same problem. The difference being that the windows update driver wizard popped up for usb 3 but not for any of the 6 usb 2 plugs i tried first.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry Deployment Setup Wizard not detecting device - Solution

That's a strange one. Happy to see that you figured it out and I'll keep it in mind if I hear about this issue again.

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: BlackBerry Deployment Setup Wizard not detecting device - Solution

Run into same problem with Z10 setup from Ubuntu LInux 13.04.

Try 'System Settings' --> 'Storage and Access'  change "USB Connection" from default 'Autoconnect' to 'Connect to Windows'.

Bye