Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: BlackBerry Signing Tool for Tablet OS Now Live!

John, I think the fellow I responded to had not yet received approval.  Neither have I.  Given that there's a chance changes will be requested by RIM before approval is given, I can't see any reason to submit a signed version before getting the approval or such a change request.  If they ask for changes, I'll make them and resubmit with a signed version, obviously.

Those who have received approval, and who have nothing else to add, can certainly go ahead and submit a signed version.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Was finally able to order keys. Weird thing is that I had to place the order from my iPhone for it to work...
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

To answer a few questions from recent posts to this thread:

1.  An official announcement will be going out to App World vendors who have submitted a PlayBook application to resubmit a signed version of their application.

2.  Resubmitting a signed version of your application will not cause you to lose your place in the queue.

3.  We recommend resubmitting a signed version of your application as soon as you can.  This will speed up your approval because the application will only need to go through the approval process once.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I completely forgot that the Eclipse plugin (the one for BB Tablet OS and Flash Builder) exists. Is this "safe" to use or should we only do it from command line?

Nevermind, read that it doesn't really work. So instead, how can you tell if your app has been successfully signed? I read in one location that you should see 5 files in META-INF. I only see 3.

Nevermind (again). Somehow the second signing didn't occur (made a batch file to automate it).

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

@Mark Sohm: what exactly do you mean with "...lose your place in the queue"? Is that because there will be only a limited number of PlayBooks given away for free?

Rgrds,

Eugene

Eugene

My PlayBook App: Checklists
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

No, he just means the order of apps waiting to be approved.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

When my Playbook app was approved the email I received said I would receive another email when I should sign my app. Should I wait for the email or go ahead?
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Mark answered that above.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Oops thanks peter
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Has anyone had any luck using a prepaid credit card?

I've tried a Vanilla Mastercard, but keep getting the "Order Creation Failed" page. When I check my balance, it shows a hold of $0.98.

I've sent an email to devsupport@rim.com, but haven't heard from them yet.

Will a prepaid card work?