Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry Signing Tool for Tablet OS Now Live!

For the record, this is discussed in this thread:  http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/If-you-haven-t-received-your-free...

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Thanks for the reply, Mark, and I agree you've addressed almost all questions in that thread.

You've said that new submissions are addressed in order of arrival.  I believe that.

You've said that rejections resulting from problems will result in an email.  I believe that's the intention too, if not the practice.

The problem is, we have some apps which are months old, with apparently no problem report email, and numerous apps which are at least weeks old now, also with no problem report emails, and yet we also have numerous apps which have seen very short (2-day, 3-day, 5-day) turnarounds.

Given that some of us are aware that our apps are relatively simple, and testing them thoroughly could only possibly take a few hours of actual use, at most, we just can't figure out any explanation for getting neither approval nor rejection emails at this point (in my case 21 days after the app went to the test house).

You wrote "Note that there are multiple people working on this in parallel so there could be some small discrepancies here." 

Is 2 days versus 21 days what you'd call a "small discrepancy"?

We've even seen a case of a 20-minute turnaround for approval of what the author called a significant update, whereas we also know of cases that are now about two months old, still with no email.  I definitely wouldn't call that discrepancy small.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

peter9477 wrote:

You've said that new submissions are addressed in order of arrival.  I believe that.

Is 2 days versus 21 days what you'd call a "small discrepancy"?

We've even seen a case of a 20-minute turnaround for approval of what the author called a significant update, whereas we also know of cases that are now about two months old, still with no email.  I definitely wouldn't call that discrepancy small.

No, that is not a small discrepancy.  I recommend contacting the App World team at appworldsupport@blackberry.com about these ones.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

MSohm wrote:

No, that is not a small discrepancy.  I recommend contacting the App World team at appworldsupport@blackberry.com about these ones.

Thanks Mark.  I actually did that on March 13, but other than this automated reply that could be interpreted as meaning no human will read it, I've heard nothing back.

If you're sure that in spite of that unpromised automated response, someone there is actually looking into it, then I guess I've done all I can and will go back to waiting "patiently". Smiley Happy

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!