Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.4 has been released

[ Edited ]

The BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK version 0.9.4 has been released and can be downloaded here:

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/adobe.jsp

Please be sure to also download the 0.9.4 BlackBerry PlayBook simulator located on the same page and review the Release Notes prior to use.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.4 has been released

From roughly 10 or 15 reports, it's only the Windows SDK which is broken.  We've had numerous successful installs of the Mac and Linux ones, but no reports of the Windows one working yet.

(That doesn't mean they aren't all bad, on some mirrors... just that the Mac/Linux ones may work for some.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am on Windows and can confirm that the installer is corrupted.

I have another question though: once the installer is fixed, what is the process for updating the SDK when using Flash Builder Burrito? Can I just install the new SDK and expect Flash Builder Burrito to be updated to the latest? Are there any issues to look out for?

I just started working with 0.9.3 so am not familiar with how the update process works.

Thanks much!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Go to window, preferences, flash builder, target platforms, blackberry tablet, the change the SDK path to 0.9.4. Refresh your project and it should work (did for me).

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
New Contributor

Thank you for the swift reply. I'll try that out once the 0.9.4 SDK has been fixed.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

The Tablet SDK has been updated on the servers with a fixed version. It should now work for Windows users.

Cheers,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Windows 094 SDK installer seems to be running now.  Thanks so much.

Developer

After the nightmare of trying to get 0.9.3 to work with Windows 7 x64, I'm a little scared to upgrade. Can anyone comment on the process and if they had any problems?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

I commented in a few threads. Not sure if I'm the only one but this 0.9.4 simulator is full of weird issues for me. Pretty much nothing works anymore with my app. random restarts, random black screens, I saw the app 'disappear' and come back one time just now, no idea what else I'll run into but it's unusable for me. No way I can do any development for now. 

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@TheMarco, since you're posting about this in the Tablet OS SDK forum, instead of in the Web Development forum, possibly you've installed the Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR instead of the WebWorks SDK?  I notice that there's a different download for the SDK for WebWorks.

If you have that, and have recompiled, and are using the 0.9.4 simulator and it's failing that way, then I'm sorry but I have no idea... not using WebWorks, and my apps are working flawlessly aside from navigateToURL() no longer launching the browser.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!