Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.4 has been released

On a positive note, I recompiled my Webworks apps and they run super smooth on the new SDK compared to 0.9.3  Almost a 10x improvement in the touch, drag performance. Perhaps one of the reasons they have been holding off on approving Webworks apps....just a guess, ofcourse. Hopfully the approvals start to roll soon Smiley Happy

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I submitted my app December 28th.  The first time I heard back from RIM was on February 23rd:

Hi,

Could you reload your PlayBook application as the one you have submitted is the debug version and we need the run version.

Cheers,

Jason

I resubmitted my app the very next day with it signed and built/tested with the latest SDK at the time (0.9.3).  I just got a response today reading:

Hey Josh,

Thank you so much.  I am just going through some of my old email.  When you have time, (if you haven’t done so already) please download the latest SDK (SDK 94) and submit a new signed release. 

Cheers,

Jason

I understand that they are busy testing apps, but I think my app submission has set some kind of record for longest time wating on test house.  At this point there is no indication that they have tested my app at all and I'm left jumping through hoops and waiting a month before I hear back from them each time I clear another hoop.

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

@jaggedaz, that is unfortunate to hear. I hope you are just an exception to the rule and things will go much smoother for you and everyone else in the future
Highlighted
New Developer

Thanks smileman.  I finally got the latest simulator working and was able to submit a new release of my app.  I also submitted another app tonight that will hopefully go through.  With the deadline looming I'm just hoping that all of my effort wasn't a waste.

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Well if you charge $0.99 and make sell just 800 copies you can buy yourself a playbook right? I bet most apps can do at least that.
Contributor

I just got both my apps approved! I didn't upgrade to 0.9.4 so I guess you don't have to.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook

Is there any official word as to whether we are supposed to re-submit currently pending apps using 0.9.4? I have an app currently at the test house that was built and signed with 0.9.3. Don't want to re-submit and risk losing my position in the queue, unless I need to... this is confusing.

Contributor

david, my apps were in the test house on version 0.9.3. They got approved a few days after 0.9.4 got released and I didn't have to upgrade.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@davidrlorentz, there has been no official request for everyone to resubmit after building with 0.9.4.  Some have individually been asked to do that in emails when they were approved. 

Given that we've heard indirectly that they are heavily backlogged, resubmitting unnecessarily seems counter-productive.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook

Okay, thanks for the info guys!