Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Flex/SDK question

I noticed the Blackberry SDK is an extended version of the Flex SDK. Is there plans to change this to just be SWC's which can be dropped into any Flex SDK project?

Or, Will the Blackberry always maintain it's own extended Flex SDK? 

My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Flex/SDK question

It is more likely that the BB SDK will always be its own extended version of Adobe AIR SDK.  This is done in part to optimize components for the PB to give the end user a rich and enjoyable experience.

My Device: Not Specified

What about mixing Flex 4 and the BB SDK components? Also can one write BB apps with the Flex 4 SDK?

My Device: Bold 9700

You might run into compatibility and performance issues if you add the flex 4 sdks. Its been said tho the new hero sdk will soon be officially compatible with the playbook.
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
My Device: BlackBerry® PlayBook™
My Carrier: .

[ Edited ]

../tablet-sdk-location/frameworks/libs/qnx-screen/qnx-screen.swc contains all the UI classes, component skins, UI events, system properties, localization, a few animations, interfaces and the rest of the Tablet API along with a few base Flex classes and the Tweener tweening engine for animation.

../tablet-sdk-location/frameworks/libs/blackberry/blackberry.swc contains what appears to be the connection mechanisms for BlackBerry's online services

../tablet-sdk-location/frameworks/libs/air/qnx-air.swc contains what appears to be all of the components necessary for a browser application or to construct a container for an HTML + CSS + JS application as well as all of the HTTP and JavaScript events.

You can drop these into an external project. Outside of these files, I'm not sure what may be modified throughout the distributed FlexSDK. Just to be safe, you'll probably want to always compile with the provided SDK just to avoid potential conflicts and problems.

Whether or not you use them in your project in SWC form, it's still good to know where these are for code completion and perhaps for using development environments that aren't Flash Builder.