Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Playbook tablet in Kiosk mode

Is it possible to make an app that locks out all bb os functions except for the web browser.The goal is that Telus can have an app that opens to a specific micro site and user can't navigate away from it or exit out of the browser.  This will be on the Playbook and will be in Airports around the country un-attended so Telus doesn't want user to mess with the os and settings of the Playbook.

Thanks,

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Blackberry Playbook tablet in Kiosk mode

It's likely quite possible, but this seems like something you'd want to contact RIM about through other channels. It's definitely not something possible right now on the production consumer device merely by tweaking some simple, documented setting, but that's no reason to think it can't be done even if just with a new feature request.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: The one I'm on

Re: Blackberry Playbook tablet in Kiosk mode

I haven't heard of any software based method of locking the playbook to a perticular app but what about enclosing the device into something that would remove the "touch" nature from the bezel. This would remove the ability to swipe to switch apps therefor creating a "hardware" applock

David

Twitter: dmbproduction
Playbook App: Food Journal