Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Book tip

If you're looking to get started in app development with AIR and Flex on BlackBerry, or if you want to sharpen your skills, this may be a good read:

Flex Mobile in action

Jonathan Campos

"Whether you're extending existing applications to mobile clients or taking a mobile first approach, you need a good mobile strategy. That's not easy. The mobile device market is complicated and changing rapidly, with constant innovation on the iOS, Android, and BlackBerry platforms. Flex Mobile is a new technology from Adobe providing a single development environment that exports your application to any mobile platform, eliminating the need to write and re-write your code. And yes, you guessed it, it covers the soon to be released Flex 4.6 with Flash Builder, so you'll have no trouble using the Flex skills you already have to build great mobile apps.

Flex Mobile in Action teaches you to use the powerful Flex Platform to create applications that can stretch across Apple iOS, Android, and BlackBerry devices. It focuses on practical application development techniques such as accessing native device capabilities, choosing the right architectural patterns, building data access models, and more. For developers new to Flex, the book provides a quick overview that will get you started in no time.

As you explore Flex Mobile, you'll also learn techniques for creating compelling mobile applications. Along the way, you'll explore the tools created by Adobe for performance monitoring, debugging, and device connections."

More info:http://manning.com/campos/

(I'm not connected to the author in any way)

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands