Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Building application for submission

Once signing is available, you can submit a new version (1.1.0).  In reality, you can submit updates as needed.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Sorry I am very new to actionscript developer environment, actually I am just new to programming in general Smiley Happy

If I have never debugged my app (just pressed "run" instead of "debug"), then would it still be filled with debugging tools? The app I created does not contain the word "-debug" at the end unlike lot of people on this forum - is this because I've never debugged?

I've already submitted my app through vendor portal. Will it get rejected because it's in "development mode" instead of "production mode"?

Last question: I've tried to open the bar file inside FB and it just looked like a huge mess with broken characters. Is it normal?

Sorry for asking so many questions!

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

We can't get anywhere without asking questions! So ur on the right path Smiley Happy

as for the debugging, are using flash builder 4.0.1? If so you should be in the clear. In burrito I'm not entirely sure. Also if you are able to run the app on the sim just by clicking on the icon then you should be alrite as well and I don't think it'll be rejected. But someone else needs to confirm this.

Also the .bar file is simply an adobe way of "zipping" ur project so its only able to be processed using the installer via command line unless you rename the file to a .zip file then u can open it via ur computer. FB won't be able to open up the file. If you want to physically see the files in the bar file rename it to app.zip and u shud be able to view the files.

Also props for being able to create an app without ever needing to debug lol. I would never be able to do that lol. I'm prone to mistakes haha
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman