Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Building application for submission

Thanks JRab.

It works perfectly!

Apprecated all the help from everyone!

AC

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Hey J.Rab - 

In your second screenshot, you have an option for Target Platform: Blackberry - I don't have that!!  What gives?  I can't generate an export release other than an AIR file. 

Any ideas?

Anthony
http://www.anthonyquarella.com
Accepted Apps: UpToDateTV
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey anthony,

when you are working on your project, are you able to access the BlackBerry Tablet SDK classes such as Labels, TextInputs, etc?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Regular Contributor

Sure thing. Quite a few, haha. 

import qnx.dialog.AlertDialog;
	import qnx.dialog.PromptDialog;
	import qnx.events.DialogEvent;
	import qnx.qnx_internal;
	import qnx.ui.buttons.Button;
	import qnx.ui.buttons.CheckBox;
	import qnx.ui.buttons.IconButton;
	import qnx.ui.buttons.LabelButton;
	import qnx.ui.core.Container;
	import qnx.ui.core.ContainerAlign;
	import qnx.ui.core.SkinnableComponent;
	import qnx.ui.data.DataProvider;
	import qnx.ui.display.Image;
	import qnx.ui.events.ScrollEvent;
	import qnx.ui.listClasses.CellRenderer;
	import qnx.ui.listClasses.DropDown;
	import qnx.ui.listClasses.List;
	import qnx.ui.listClasses.ListSelectionMode;
	import qnx.ui.listClasses.ScrollPane;
	import qnx.ui.listClasses.TileList;
	import qnx.ui.picker.PickerList;
	import qnx.ui.skins.ISkin;
	import qnx.ui.skins.SkinStates;
	import qnx.ui.text.Label;
	import qnx.ui.text.TextInput;

I'm in FB4.1, but even with burrito the option is not there. 

Anthony
Developer

hey anthony,

i dont beleive the export release build works the same and is unusable in FB 4.0.1 but i'd have to double check to confirm. I think in FB 4.0.1 the best way to export your project for a release is a method proposed in a thread a while back. Here is the link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/FB4-Final-Build/m-p/655563#M1605

As for Burrito you should be able to see the BlackBerry tablet as a target platform if you are using it in your project while coding. What does your screen look like when you try to export?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Regular Contributor

Got it - so by adding -debug=false (even by selecting debug) it's going to compile a release type BAR?

In burrito, I've got an option to include source code where your target platform option is.  Maybe this is because I've imported a desktop application project (from FB 4.0.1) and it's not a "Mobile" flex app?

Anthony
Developer

hey anthony,

according to the other post you are correct. you can test out the new bar file with the command line from the second half of my other post with the screenshots. After you install it, you should be able to launch the application via the simulator with just clicking on the icon instead of having to go through flash builder to launch your application.

and as for the reason why its not working in burrito you seem to be correct as well. by importing your project you probably lose the additional "features" of a newly created Mobile AIR project in burrito.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Are these steps necessary to follow before submitting? Can't I just submit the .bar file I find inside the folder?

Since we don't have the singing code, we can't build using production mode. Can't we just submit the .bar file that have been built through development mode?

I know these question have been asked frequently but there isn't seem to be a straight forward answer to each question.

Please help me out!

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok
Developer

hey gyubok,

we're all in the fog with ya! but ill try to shed some light.

the reason why you must complete all these steps is because simply submitting the .bar file you create via the debugging will also package up debugging data that is unnecessary and causes your files to be a lot bigger in size. also you will notice that if you install your .bar file from a debugging manner it causes your icon's display name to be "myapp-debug". Also if you dont run the debug in a "run" manner it will not run after its first launch because it will keep trying to listen to the debugging machine. hope that clears somethings up. let me know if you need elaboration. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

You can build a production bar file without signing. Submitting your development bar file is not recommended because it contains a lot of useless stuff for production -> results in a much bigger filesize.
Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.