Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Buy FB4 or wait for Burrito?

I'm wondering whether I should bite the bullet and buy FlashBuilder 4 when my trial runs out, or if it is better to wait for an official release of Burrito. Although I haven't seen a date for when that might be, or what the upgrade price would be from FB4 to Burrito. Any thoughts?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Buy FB4 or wait for Burrito?

If FB is making you more productive and you're trying to get an application submitted to App World by January, I would get it.  Since there are no date announcements for Burrito, it may be more helpful to go going with FB4 and upgrade later.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

the crummy part of this whole ordeal is you are going to have to pay for the upgrade from 4.0 to 4.5. so if you buy the current release you are going to have to fork out more money getting the update. So its a matter of financial needs. sorry i cant help you out with this. kinda makes me Smiley Sad but i agree with jtegen, there is no release date so you dont know how long your gonna hafta wait. good luck though on w/e decision you take.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the responses. I really do like using FB4, but having to pay twice makes it not quite as profitable to develop apps.

I guess, what am I missing out on by not using Burrito? It seems like Hero will only be available on Burrito, and not FB4? I guess I need to research and see what is in that SDK to see if I will be missing out on a lot of functionality. I would be interested in hearing other opinions on the SDK issue.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

I did ask question similar to this in the webcast yesterday. So my trial of burrito runs out in 14 days and i wonder what i'm going to do. If i buy FB4 now, will this extend the trial of FB4 Burrito? Would be great if Adobe and RIM could give out some Trial extending keys or something so we can all youse the mobile projects optimized Burrito build of FB4. Kind a sucks having to switch over to FlashDevelop or something else  in the middle of your project...

-

sorry for hijacking this thread sort of ^^

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.