12-01-2010 11:51 AM
I'm wondering whether I should bite the bullet and buy FlashBuilder 4 when my trial runs out, or if it is better to wait for an official release of Burrito. Although I haven't seen a date for when that might be, or what the upgrade price would be from FB4 to Burrito. Any thoughts?
12-01-2010 12:47 PM
12-01-2010 05:16 PM
the crummy part of this whole ordeal is you are going to have to pay for the upgrade from 4.0 to 4.5. so if you buy the current release you are going to have to fork out more money getting the update. So its a matter of financial needs. sorry i cant help you out with this. kinda makes me but i agree with jtegen, there is no release date so you dont know how long your gonna hafta wait. good luck though on w/e decision you take.
12-01-2010 05:53 PM
Thanks for the responses. I really do like using FB4, but having to pay twice makes it not quite as profitable to develop apps.
I guess, what am I missing out on by not using Burrito? It seems like Hero will only be available on Burrito, and not FB4? I guess I need to research and see what is in that SDK to see if I will be missing out on a lot of functionality. I would be interested in hearing other opinions on the SDK issue.
12-10-2010 02:35 AM
I did ask question similar to this in the webcast yesterday. So my trial of burrito runs out in 14 days and i wonder what i'm going to do. If i buy FB4 now, will this extend the trial of FB4 Burrito? Would be great if Adobe and RIM could give out some Trial extending keys or something so we can all youse the mobile projects optimized Burrito build of FB4. Kind a sucks having to switch over to FlashDevelop or something else in the middle of your project...
sorry for hijacking this thread sort of ^^