Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Wind

Re: Can't get splash screen working?

I have test it and it works. nothing`s wrong with it. 

http://img11.imageshack.us/f/fb2tx.png/

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

jffurlan wrote:
... and as I stated earlier my splashscreen only ever works if it is under src, so you could try that.

I don't doubt that there are many ways things like this can fail to work, but I wanted to note that the .bar I built from his files, with no changes in the source, works fine.  Both the splashscreen and icon files are still in the assets/ folder.

Also, as yet another test to prove the point once and for all, I renamed both files just now (to assets/myicon.png and assets/mysplash.png) and with a matching blackberry-tablet.xml file it still works fine.

So, although again I know the particulars of a given configuration may result in this being difficult to achieve, it is not inherently essential to have those files in any particular location or with any particular names, other than what you may require to get them packaged up into the .bar file with the tools you use.

Just wanted to confirm that for my own benefit, and to get it on the record. Smiley Happy

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Lol, definitely appreciate it Peter and it is probably necessary. I'd hate for someone to misread my post as thinking they have to have the files where I stated and named what I stated. It's just what works for me.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

I finally have it working! =)

It was embarrasingly an SDK issue, I installed everything on the 22nd of March and since thats after the 14th when it was updated assumed I had the latest, I didn't.

I now have 0.9.4 rather than the dreaded 0.9.1 and it works like a charm Smiley Happy

Thankyou all of you, you've been an awesome help, wouldn't have got there without you all.  If you're ever in or around Herefordshire, UK let me know and i'll buy you a drink Smiley Happy

Cheers guys,

Matt

ps: see you all here when they update it again =P

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Wind

Whew!! glad it`s working for you, cuz i was going to suggest you take the computer and put it in the deep freezer for some time ..lol **jokes**

You can mark the post as solved..

Cheers!!!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

MSFX,

I wouldn't worry too much about it being embarrassing, I made the same mistake and devoted many forum pages and PM's to trying to solve the issue. Glad you got it working!
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -