03-30-2011 11:28 AM
... and as I stated earlier my splashscreen only ever works if it is under src, so you could try that.
I don't doubt that there are many ways things like this can fail to work, but I wanted to note that the .bar I built from his files, with no changes in the source, works fine. Both the splashscreen and icon files are still in the assets/ folder.
Also, as yet another test to prove the point once and for all, I renamed both files just now (to assets/myicon.png and assets/mysplash.png) and with a matching blackberry-tablet.xml file it still works fine.
So, although again I know the particulars of a given configuration may result in this being difficult to achieve, it is not inherently essential to have those files in any particular location or with any particular names, other than what you may require to get them packaged up into the .bar file with the tools you use.
Just wanted to confirm that for my own benefit, and to get it on the record.
03-30-2011 11:31 AM
03-30-2011 12:39 PM
I finally have it working! =)
It was embarrasingly an SDK issue, I installed everything on the 22nd of March and since thats after the 14th when it was updated assumed I had the latest, I didn't.
I now have 0.9.4 rather than the dreaded 0.9.1 and it works like a charm
Thankyou all of you, you've been an awesome help, wouldn't have got there without you all. If you're ever in or around Herefordshire, UK let me know and i'll buy you a drink
ps: see you all here when they update it again =P
03-30-2011 12:45 PM
Whew!! glad it`s working for you, cuz i was going to suggest you take the computer and put it in the deep freezer for some time ..lol **jokes**
You can mark the post as solved..
03-30-2011 12:58 PM