Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Cannot get debugging working

Hello I'm here to ask another silly question.

I can run my code just fine but cannot get debugging working. When I click debug the code runs right away but in flash builder it says Launching ProjectName (percentage)

and this takes a while ~ 3-4 minutes and then I get the error message

Failed to connect; session timed out.
Ensure that:
  1. You compiled your Flash application with debugging on.
  2. You are running the debugger version of Flash Player.

any ideas ?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Cannot get debugging working

I've mentioned basically the same thing with the command line "fdb" program.  I chalked it up to some version incompatibility and moved on, writing up my own Python script that the simulator can talk to. 

Since all I'm interested in is seeing my trace() output and exception dumps, it's worked okay so far (though no timer-based stuff works and I don't know yet if that's the fault of my primitive script or is a bug you'd also see with the real thing).

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

hey chris,

from the looks of it two things can be wrong here. check your debug configurations and look for the two fields for device IP address and the debug host IP address. Soemtimes your host computer's IP address changes (DHCP) and you need to periodically update it in your setttings for flash builder. you can check for your IP using your command prompt and using the appropriate commands (ipconfig / ifconfig). good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

J Rab

You are clearly a genius. My ip address had changed (needed to restart router) Seems pretty odd to need to specifiy the ip of the machine the code is running from Smiley Frustrated

Still I am very happy it is a lot easier to figure out why my code is so bad now.