Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Cebit

Hey there everybody,

I was at the CeBit in Hannover today and held a preproduction playbook in my hands to play around with. I had a hard time finding those, but it was worth it. It works absolutely smooth and has a very good usability. I'm dying to get my own one in the next days. I couldn't download my own App from the appstore though, since they disabled the WLAN cause it was a poor network in the halls. That's why they didn't want to show off their Browser as they thought it could render poorly under such bad conditions though the fault wouldn't be on the browsers site. The guy didn't want to comment on the Android-compatibility rumours though ;-)

So, I'm getting a good nights sleep now after two days in Hannover

_______ Check out_______
my Apps:
Tilebreaker X - One of the best Tilebreaker Games available for the Playbook ;-)
Tilebreaker X Free - The free version with about 10 levels.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Cebit

hey longway,

thanks for the update! you know what i find odd though? i dont know if anyone notices, every demo they have they always say there is poor wifi. you'd think after a while they'd think ahead and make the proper arrangements with their venue. there might be something else obviously at play that we are not aware of but, just seems a little odd haha

either way ill second on the notion of being anxious for the actual device!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Software Developer

RIM/Playbook is marked in Guide for my cebit saturday Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: o2 (de)

If you want to play around with all apps (including the browser!), don't visit RIM in the B2B hall, but rather see their partner booth at IBM (hall 2, A10). In my blog post you can see me surfing on my own website with the PlayBook: http://www.bigger.cc/2021/tablet-highlights-von-der-cebit-2011/

The demo unit also had the settings menu enabled (unlike the devices at CES and MWC), and I could NOT see and sign of GPS there... Smiley Sad

Battery life: about 8 hours "working" (WiFi browsing). The RIM employee told me that his device (with 3D stuff running all the time) lasts for about 4-5 hours (battery control showed 2:28h remaining for 53%).

It's a tiny "booth", but they have a fully working unit there and much more time...

- - -
My approved apps @ App World
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

I also used one with wifi enabled @cebit on the telekom booth and i must say i can't wait any longer Smiley Very Happy
Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Ah, good to see that there were other playbook, too. I found them hard to find. I used the one at the big Telekom area. They had plenty of time for me but wireless was disabled. The employee enabled it for me, but it didn't pick up any good signal. Besides my App was priced in the Appworld, so I couldn't have downloaded it. But we'll get one of our own soon ;-)

_______ Check out_______
my Apps:
Tilebreaker X - One of the best Tilebreaker Games available for the Playbook ;-)
Tilebreaker X Free - The free version with about 10 levels.