Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Change Multitouch.inputMode on runtime

[ Edited ]

Are you trying to switch back and forth between the two modes? I am guessing that will not work since when in TouchPoint mode you don't get gestures and when in Gesture mode the touches are dispatched as MouseEvents. I'm sure you have to choose one or the other which is why it works in the main class and not always in the others.

Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Re: Change Multitouch.inputMode on runtime

I too have the original problem.  My gestures work fine, then I change to multitouch mode and multitouch works fine but when I come back to gesture mode the gesture events no longer fire.  A hasEventListener() reports that the gesture event is still there - even so, I have tried recreating them after coming back to gesture mode and they still do not fire.  It is not just one gesture event either, it is all of them that no longer work.  My code works on Android and iOS but not on the playbook device.

If I comment out the change to multitouch then it works so it is not like something is getting in the way of the gesture target.  When I trace the multitouch mode it says gesture but it just does not work.

My only solution seems to be to just not use multitouch.  Anybody solve this or see the same thing?  Thanks.