Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

Change SDK used by FB 4 in existing project

I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere (I've searched).  I have Flash Builder 4 and have been developing against Tablet OS SDK for Air 0.9.2.  I just downloaded and installed the new 0.9.3.  I have a few projects (Action Script projects) which point to the 0.9.2 SDK.  How do I change the project to point to the new 0.9.3?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Change SDK used by FB 4 in existing project

hey wingflap,

to change your SDK for an existing project in flash builder 4, do the following:

1. Right Click on your Project from your Package Explorer List and go to Properties
  2. Then in the left pane of the new window, click on Flex Compiler
  3. Then choose the correct SDK. This could be your default SDK. if its not then you can click on a specific SDK and choose the one you want.
  4. Then hit Apply.
  5. All your SDK references for that project should now be updated.

Hope that helps. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Change SDK used by FB 4 in existing project

@JRab,

Thanks again for the quick response.  Since I posted I found another topic that showed this as well as the other problem I'm having (rotate orientation causing scaling issues).  I'm only on the 2nd page of the thread at this point, but am finding it a real page turner.  I found a different path to the same solution.

In FB 4:

1. From the Main Menu, click Window.
  2. Click Preferences
  3. Expand Flash Builder from the list of preferences in the left column.
  4. Click Installed Flex SDKs
  5. If you do not see "Blackberry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.3 for Adobe Air
    5a. Click Add
    5b. Click Browse
    5c. Navigate to Program Files/Adobe Flash Builder 4/SDK and select the folder that was created when you installed the 0.9.3 SDK
    5d.  Click OK
    5e.  This will return you to the SDK screen.
  6. Uncheck the 0.9.2 SDK and check the 0.9,3 SDK.
  7. Click Apply or OK and all of your projects should be updated to the new SDK.

Your solution works fine and is probably better since it allows you to update on a project by project basis.  But this is just another way to the same solution.  Even though it's referred to in the 'scaling' post, I thought it should be detailed here since it answers the specific question for this topic.

For reference, the other topic I refer to is found here.