Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook
My Carrier: I carry it myself

Changelog for 0.9.3 simulator

I know inclusion of browser is the "main" thing. Any other changes? (have not downloaded it yet)

----------
If you find this post helpful please "like" it and accept as a solution.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Changelog for 0.9.3 simulator

The browser is included but doesn't work for flash video, at least.  Seems basically okay for the few simple things I've tried so far.

The audio is screwed up now for our own apps.  The browser seems to play audio in flash videos (haven't tried any other media) but our own apps don't fire SampleDataEvents and we get no sound, so far.

The SSH support is mostly or completely fixed.  You can now access your app's applicationStorageDirectory and related data folders if you package the app with the "-devMode" option.  You can now view the shared folders.  You can now use scp and sftp to transfer data back and forth with the device.

Apparently there should be improvements in stability and the ability to actually launch without freezing, but I haven't heard any reports of new successes yet.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook
My Carrier: I carry it myself

Re: Changelog for 0.9.3 simulator

Thanks! I will hold on downloading for now as I dont really need browser for time being ;-) 

----------
If you find this post helpful please "like" it and accept as a solution.