Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook
My Carrier: I carry it myself

Changes in 1.0.7.2650

[ Edited ]

One change I observed in 1.0.7.2650 is the DHCP behaviour when connecting PB to a PC via USB. Previously the IP address assigned by PB would change to a random 169.254.x.x range every time PB was plugged into USB port.

With the new OS release I am noticing the IP is now defaulted to 169.254.0.1 which makes debugging via USB significantly easier (previously would have to go in Flash Builder to debug configurations and change IP addresses every time device was plugged and unplugged).

These little things are adding up which is good (but I still cant figure out the need for airplane mode where only thing it does is disables wifi and bluetooth in one tap vs two ;-)

----------
If you find this post helpful please "like" it and accept as a solution.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Changes in 1.0.7.2650

p3pp3r wrote:

These little things are adding up which is good (but I still cant figure out the need for airplane mode where only thing it does is disables wifi and bluetooth in one tap vs two ;-)

Presumably airplane mode would start looking more effective once there are cellular versions available.  And unlike with the WiFi-only model, they'd want to have that available at the start, and very usable.  Consider yourself a pre-release tester of Airplane mode. ;-)

Another little thing people may not have noticed yet is the new ability to easily position the cursor when editing a text field.  I noticed it first in the browser address bar, but it works elsewhere too.  Seems well done, quite effective.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Also, GPS snaps a lot faster than in previous version of the OS.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Not Specified

2 other things to add to the list are....

1. Application window states - http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Minimize-application-event/m-p/12...

2. GPU is turned back on.
Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook
My Carrier: I carry it myself

[ Edited ]

Since RIM does not provide detailed change log (other than what is posted on Inside Blackberry) I have started a public google spreadsheet which will capture all detailed changes for each release. I've published it here:

http://goo.gl/FtvDQ

I am happy to give editor access to anyone who is willing to help me keeping it updated. Just Private message me your google account name (email address) and I will add you to the list of users who can update this spreadsheet.

----------
If you find this post helpful please "like" it and accept as a solution.
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Platinumtel

One big change I noticed is that a little draggable tab pops up in text fields.  To see it, start typing in a text field (say, the browser location bar), then tap the text anywhere, as if trying to position the cursor to correct a typo.  Then the little blue tab pops up and you can drag to position the cursor.  So much better than what it was!

----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you for doing this. It would be nice if RIM provided a detail dump like this with each release so we can then verify and remove any work arounds that had to be done. It is only in RIMs best interest to do this.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

One more very good thing with 1.0.7: Music Store is now available to French users!!

Julien
Web: smugrik.org Follow: @Smugrik
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

The path to bridge files is no longer /BlackBerry/SDCard

Anyone know where it has moved to?

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Platinumtel

Just to be sure, have you updated to 1.0.7.2670?  That was released a couple days after 2650 to fix some Bridge issues.

----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm